Sponsored

Rivian confirms no Meridian Sound System in my R1S. It has in-house audio system

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Just a long list:
1. No camp kitchen.
2. No tank turn.
3. No 400 mile battery.
4. No electric tonneau cover.
5. No manual tonneau cover.
6. No Meridian sound system.
7. No electrical outlet in the frunk.
8. No gear tunnel shuttle.

and getting longer.

Sell it
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

Just a long list:
1. No camp kitchen.
2. No tank turn.
3. No 400 mile battery.

and getting longer.
I bet you would be the first person complaining if they sold you a camp kitchen that didn't meet your highly refined standards. "I was told my camp kitchen would come with a personal sous chef! I demand to talk to the manager of this establishment!"

Did they make you some kind of promise about when those items would be ready for you that wasn't given to the rest of us? Or a promise that everything included in the original concept R1T would be included in the mass produced version?

ElCapiTan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mustang
Occupation
Computer Janitor
OP should probably consider selling while the selling is good and move on to a car company that better meets the OP's standards. Sticking with the vehicle and adding items to the unhappy list is only going to add more resentment.

Sponsored

GHuff

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Clubs

Just a long list:
1. No camp kitchen.
2. No tank turn.
3. No 400 mile battery.

and getting longer.
I'm of the mindset that Rivian needs to be flexible and we should be too. I'm fine with them not delivering on everything, what I'm not okay with is not telling their customers about these things. I tend to agree that their lack of transparency and communication is terrible. Almost everything on this (growing) list we had to pry Rivian to get answers or had to find out about them on forums.

To add to the list:
9. No "removeable roof option coming in 2023"
10. No monochromatic glass roof
11. No GearGuard integration on phone app.
12. No wristband key
13. Gear Guard cable is nothing more than a cable....when it was pretty clearly advertised as an integrated part of the Gear Guard system (something that would sound alarms or notifications if cut or pulled)
14. aesthetic wood paneling removed from back of front seats

GHuff

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Clubs

I'm not sure why OP is getting so much hate. They didn't tell him that he wasn't getting the Meridian sound system. That's pretty annoying and frustrating. I personally don't think it's a big deal and I probably would never notice the difference, but that doesn't mean Rivian is in the right by switching something like this without any notice or disclosure. It also doesn't mean that OP is in the wrong for being frustrated. And as OP has pointed out, this is just one example of many where Rivain has behaved in similar manner.

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'm of the mindset that Rivian needs to be flexible and we should be too. I'm fine with them not delivering on everything, what I'm not okay with is not telling their customers about these things. I tend to agree that their lack of transparency and communication is terrible. Almost everything on this (growing) list we had to pry Rivian to get answers or had to find out about them on forums.

To add to the list:
9. No "removeable roof option coming in 2023"
10. No monochromatic glass roof
11. No GearGuard integration on phone app.
12. No wristband key
13. Gear Guard cable is nothing more than a cable....when it was pretty clearly advertised as an integrated part of the Gear Guard system (something that would sound alarms or notifications if cut or pulled)
14. aesthetic wood paneling removed from back of front seats
What's insane is that 90% of owners call this the best vehicle they've ever owned even after they've taken away all those features on your list!

GHuff

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Clubs

What's insane is that 90% of owners call this the best vehicle they've ever owned even after they've taken away all those features on your list!
I'm one of them! It is the best vehicle I've ever owned. That doesn't mean that Rivian has been horrible at communication and also has a tendency to over promise.
All of those items that they've removed or haven't delivered on would make the vehicle even better. It'd be hard to say otherwise.

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'm one of them! It is the best vehicle I've ever owned. That doesn't mean that Rivian has been horrible at communication and also has a tendency to over promise.
All of those items that they've removed or haven't delivered on would make the vehicle even better. It'd be hard to say otherwise.
I don't think anyone will stick their neck out to defend Rivian's comms dept but the reason OP is getting so much hate is because most of us see these cool features advertised and think they would be great but also recognize they may not come to fruition or may take time to do so. Then there are others like OP who see something advertised and view it as a promise or commitment from Rivian.

Sponsored

GHuff

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Clubs

I don't think anyone will stick their neck out to defend Rivian's comms dept but the reason OP is getting so much hate is because most of us see these cool features advertised and think they would be great but also recognize they may not come to fruition or may take time to do so. Then there are others like OP who see something advertised and view it as a promise or commitment from Rivian.
Sure, but what OP is frustrated about is that Rivian never told him about the change at any point during the purchasing process. He had to reach out to someone at the company to ask about it. I'm sure he would have different feelings and wouldn't have made this post if during the purchase process Rivian told him that took the audio in house and no longer make vehicles with Meridian sound systems. That is what they should have done. And they didn't.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
You are exaggerating a bit here, not sure if it is to support your case or just blow off steam.

1. No camp kitchen. —>R1T only, was an optional item that still may be available at some point

2. No tank turn. —>Never actually on the Web site or part of the specs, there was a video showing it was possible but I never saw anything saying it would be an available option.

3. No 400 mile battery. —>Still looks possible with dual motor at some point

4. No electric tonneau cover. —>R1T only - still possibly available after redesign

5. No manual tonneau cover. —>R1T only - will be available

6. No Meridian sound system. —>R1S/R1T (this was a spec change)

7. No electrical outlet in the frunk. —> R1S/R1T was in early owners manuals, has been removed, do not recall seeing this was available before I placed a deposit.

8. No gear tunnel shuttle. —> R1T only, was an optional item, still should become available.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
That's what I recall as well, but I'm not seeing anything that supports that conclusion.

I don't see it on the video they created that talks about Gear Guard and I'm not seeing it on the product descriptor.

To support something like the alarm going off when cut means that has to be part of the design. It would have to conduct some amount of energy to be able to detect when cut.
Sponsored