Sponsored

Rivian employee arrested for DUI

SDH

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
Those officers were professional and patient. I couldn't do that job dealing with people like this all day.
Oh I could. Very much so. (turns body cam to 'off', set tazer to 'highest voltage').

"Your Honour, he was DUI and tripped on the kerb, that's how he/they got all those injuries"
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Yeah I could not be a cop I'd give him a little baton action. His head might have also "accidentally" hit the top of that explorer.

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
I'm curious to know what the articulable suspicion was for the stop. As colton said, it sounds like "bullshit". They can't stop you unless they have reason to believe a crime was being committed.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I'm curious to know what the articulable suspicion was for the stop. As colton said, it sounds like "bullshit". They can't stop you unless they have reason to believe a crime was being committed.
It seems that the officers were responding to a tip/complaint of a DUI. From the text at the bottom in the first several seconds of video and voiceover:
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian employee arrested for DUI IMG_0094

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

They should have been pulled over since they posed a danger to others and themselves.

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
It seems that the officers were responding to a tip/complaint of a DUI. From the text at the bottom in the first several seconds of video and voiceover:
IMG_0094.png
Ah, missed that part. Videos load without audio on my phone. Font too small to read. Would be important to get the dispatch info to confirm.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Ah, missed that part. Videos load without audio on my phone. Font too small to read. Would be important to get the dispatch info to confirm.
I suspect the dispatch info will backup the description. Given how drunk the suspects were, and the possibility they could become combative, I can see a patron and/or bartender calling this in as the easiest way to deal with them.

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
I suspect the dispatch info will backup the description. Given how drunk the suspects were, and the possibility they could become combative, I can see a patron and/or bartender calling this in as the easiest way to deal with them.
Oh, no doubt they were hammered. Clearly a good thing he wasn't allowed to drive off. I'd still like to hear the 911 call and dispatch recordings.

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
“His 3rd DUI charge in 2022” and drives a forklift for Rivian. Nice.
Google says "Vonachen Services" is the janitor company. Good grief. A "Rivian employee". 🙄
On their website it says they also do “logistics” with “fork lift operators” as one of the bullets, so his story actually seems believable. Love that this was ”His 3rd DUI charge in 2022” and drives a forklift at Rivian. Geez thats not a liability...

Sponsored

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Correction "FORMER" Rivian employee. If it's true that he was a Rivian Employee to begin with. Would pray that his type of activity would result in immediate termination.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

PaulPlacerCounty

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 and Subaru Outback
Occupation
Retired Attorney
Maybe a repost and 4 months old, but good for a laugh. Normal's finest at work.
Admits he's a Rivian employee (or sub contractor) at 14:43.
Might explain some of the quality issues. :p

I'd say things are going just fine in Rivian world if this crud is what we're posting about.
Sponsored