Sponsored

Rivian Full Size Tire Carrier Patent and R2? [Speculations]

Kelvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I bet this patent has something to do with the R2 accessory ports. My money is on the spare tire mount/storage will be on a frame that mounts to the R2 accessory ports. Which leads me down to adding another R2 feature to the R1 retrofit list dream. The accessory port. I haven't researched this, but I wonder if Rivian thought of this as a retrofit item.

I recall seeing some old Rivian R1 test mules with integrated rear recovery points. This leads me to believe there are some reinforced hard mounts provisions back there. The placement of the R2 accessories looks like it could be bolted to potential recovery point hard mounts....

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Full Size Tire Carrier Patent and R2? [Speculations] 1710188810160

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Full Size Tire Carrier Patent and R2? [Speculations] 1710189014385

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Full Size Tire Carrier Patent and R2? [Speculations] 1710189205240

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Full Size Tire Carrier Patent and R2? [Speculations] 1710189328255
Sponsored

Gen(R3)Xer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
That’s true. It does seem like an easy enough retrofit. Just curious, but does that bike rack pivot away, so you can access the trunk, or is that why there’s a drop-down rear window?

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Under the silver plastic pieces in the rear, there's definitely some sort of structure where I've seen Rivian test vehicles have stuff attached.

Here's a bad pic where you can see it (left white R1T). I was next to a Rivian employee charging a couple months back. That silver section was completely gone and there were things bolted to whatever was inside. I swore I took more pics of all the contraptions on it, but I can't find them now.

Yes, I pulled in from the rear since the was no other way to get the cable to reach from the one charger that was available. :p It was an abandoned parking lot/building.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Full Size Tire Carrier Patent and R2? [Speculations] 561DC217-B7AD-4F43-B293-25762A218F15

Also there was stuff in the front too. I don't remember if it was bolted to the tow hooks, but I seem to remember the tow hooks were gone and there was something else in its place. I would assume they would unbolt somehow under the bumper.

I moved to that Kia's spot after he finished.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Full Size Tire Carrier Patent and R2? [Speculations] BF777C9C-6B2D-4BC2-B593-D7986BCA2456
Sponsored