Sponsored

Rivian Lease Deals are extremely favorable right now

BabyCarrot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Honda Pilot, Mazda 3
Does your state charge tax on EVs? In NJ there is no EV tax and the calculator has been accurate for my friends who just leased.
Yes, AZ has tax on EV, but doesn't need to pay entire tax upfront.
Sponsored

BabyCarrot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Honda Pilot, Mazda 3
I'm on the step of leasing, but the number showing in the calculator is much higher than what I was shown when I confirmed the order.
When I confirmed the order, in that calculator I put $0 down payment, the monthly pay is $766, and $1661 due at signing.

1711550618447-h2.png

Now in the leasing calculator, I put $1 down payment (it doesn't allow 0 here), the monthly pay is $831.93, and $4463.54 due at signing. It's a huge difference with before. I have excellent credit score, so it should not be the reason made this difference.

1711550658488-eh.png

The vehicle price here is $91300, it seems not correct as well. The vehicle after voucher is $76600. I understand lease will not use this price, but they are huge difference.
I just saw my summary updated to the price for leasing instead of voucher price.
The Preorder leasing promotion is -$6250, it's only 6.5% off!
Seems like the Vehicle price $91300 in lease calculator is Vehicle Subtotal $89500 + $1800 destination fee.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Lease Deals are extremely favorable right now 1711553230860-0l

Drathen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, M3P
Occupation
IT
I’m going through the same process now for an 2023 QM and I’m at the stage where I need to approve the offer. The problem is I’m only shown very basic numbers and I can’t tell if the promotion for leasing a 2023 vehicle is applied or not. I’d hate to accept the offer only to find out I missed out and can’t make changes. This process is nerve wracking!

Like everyone else I want to make sure I get the best deal and all applicable promotions.

Last edited:

b_ack51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Clubs

I’m going through the same process now for an 2023 QM and I’m at the stage where I need to approve the offer. The problem is I’m only shown very basic numbers and I can’t tell if the promotion for leading a 2023 vehicle is applied or not. I’d hate to accept the offer only to find out I missed out and can’t make changes. This process is nerve wracking!

Like everyone else I want to make sure I get the best deal and all applicable promotions.
Agree. Rivian is dropping the ball trying to be mysterious about the numbers for the purchase. Not being able to see numbers for the quote until after paying $1000 isn't the consumer friendliest and somewhat shady.

Vehicle Price should be the same no matter leasing or purchasing, just like anywhere else when dealing with a vehicle purchase.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Drathen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, M3P
Occupation
IT
Agree. Rivian is dropping the ball trying to be mysterious about the numbers for the purchase. Not being able to see numbers for the quote until after paying $1000 is shady.

Vehicle Price should be the same no matter leasing or purchasing, just like anywhere else when dealing with a vehicle purchase.
Yep, and, like others have mentioned, the calculators don’t help when they leave out mandatory fees. Here’s the down payment breakdown for my offer… I don’t see a destination charge so I wonder if that will be another surprise for later?
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Lease Deals are extremely favorable right now IMG_8287

b_ack51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Clubs

Yep, and, like others have mentioned, the calculators don’t help when they leave out mandatory fees. Here’s the down payment breakdown for my offer… I don’t see a destination charge so I wonder if that will be another surprise for later?
My understanding is the destination fee is included in each of the monthly payments ($50) cause it's part of the vehicle price on the transaction pricing summary.

kanl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
how are they offering lower lease numbers for quad (higher price vehicle) than dual motor? is it a lower money factor/rent charges? or is it higher residual?

anyone who got one of these quad motor leases as part of the end of month/quarter deals know? thnx!

beaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t, mx-5
how are they offering lower lease numbers for quad (higher price vehicle) than dual motor? is it a lower money factor/rent charges? or is it higher residual?

anyone who got one of these quad motor leases as part of the end of month/quarter deals know? thnx!
The “rent charge” on the 2023 quad deal I just signed is $50. 36 mo lease

Sponsored

ssbmx90

First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sti, Tesla
Occupation
Secret

Probably trying to clear inventory and they set their own prices.

kanl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Probably trying to clear inventory and they set their own prices.
the price they set on the quad is still higher than the dual, but the lease payments is lower on the quad so seems like it must either be rent charges is lower OR residual is higher.