Sponsored

Electric Rivilution

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Model X P90D
Source: https://electrek.co/2023/11/29/rivian-r1t-will-be-ultimate-entertainment-ev-with-projector/

"The patent, filed November 23, details a kit that can include a projector, screen, and at least one speaker. The kit is attached to a shuttle that slides in and out of the gear tunnel for easy storage.

Once extended, the projector can be rotated into position. It will also include a mirror to reflect the projected light onto the screen without harming quality. Meanwhile, the pole to hold the screen will fit into several spots.

The setup enables a mobile entertainment setup in little to no time. Everything can be stored in the gear tunnel while not in use. When ready, it can just slide out and set up.

Rivian is including everything needed for the ultimate movie night on the go. And the best part ā€“ everything is powered by the R1T."

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian patents a R1T mobile movie projector kit (w/ projector, screen, speaker) Rivian-R1T-projector

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian patents a R1T mobile movie projector kit (w/ projector, screen, speaker) Rivian-R1T-projector-2

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian patents a R1T mobile movie projector kit (w/ projector, screen, speaker) Rivian-R1T-projector-1
Sponsored

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340, Tesla M3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

This is pretty damn cool. Canā€™t wait to see what this is like once itā€™s releasedā€¦. But can we get our tonneau covers fixed first? šŸ˜‚

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Take THAT camp kitchen orderers!:giggle:

If I can figure out how to attach a wheel to the underside of the slide out, I can start one of those mobile billboard companies that ensure we can't go anywhere without ads.:devil:

Sponsored

R1TruKaLa

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 Blue R1T
Occupation
Merchant Seaman
Source: https://electrek.co/2023/11/29/rivian-r1t-will-be-ultimate-entertainment-ev-with-projector/

"The patent, filed November 23, details a kit that can include a projector, screen, and at least one speaker. The kit is attached to a shuttle that slides in and out of the gear tunnel for easy storage.

Once extended, the projector can be rotated into position. It will also include a mirror to reflect the projected light onto the screen without harming quality. Meanwhile, the pole to hold the screen will fit into several spots.

The setup enables a mobile entertainment setup in little to no time. Everything can be stored in the gear tunnel while not in use. When ready, it can just slide out and set up.

Rivian is including everything needed for the ultimate movie night on the go. And the best part ā€“ everything is powered by the R1T."

Rivian-R1T-projector.jpeg

Rivian-R1T-projector-2.jpeg

Rivian-R1T-projector-1.jpeg
Yeah, I need one of those ..šŸ™„

Kramer_VA_R1S

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Biotechnology
Clubs

Would be great if Rivian focused on fixing/having a better performing air conditioner versus nice to haves like this. Especially considering any one of us can buy the same capability from Amazon any day (eg I already have a 9 ft outdoor projector system and can throw it in the back easy. Rivian needs to let the aftermarket companies take on solutions like this and work to fix the bugs in the cars.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
Yeah, I need one of those ..šŸ™„
I already have an outside movie projector setup that isn't needed.

But if one adds a bumper dumper and the camp kitchen and a RTT, and this projector setup, then I'd never go home.

Sponsored

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Is the example movie on the screen there that scene from Cliffhanger when he accidentally drops the lady? :CWL:

Joules Burn

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Kia EV6 GT-L FE
Occupation
Retired Electronics
This is pretty damn cool. Canā€™t wait to see what this is like once itā€™s releasedā€¦. But can we get our tonneau covers fixed first? šŸ˜‚
Could you use the screen as a tonneau cover?

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
I would very much hate to see this at a nearby camp site, within an earshot. You go out in nature to commune with it. Not taint it with a piece of your urban/suburban noise pollution. Isn't that why we bought an electric adventure vehicle instead of a exhaust spewing ICE?

Last edited:

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Don't see how this fits the "adventure" theme which to me means the great outdoors, nature and getting away from it all. What is our obsession with taking a screen everywhere. I agree with other posts that Rivian is better off focusing resources on the things that people are voicing here.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I would very much hate to see this at a nearby camp site, within an earshot. You go out in nature to commune. Not taint it a piece of your urban/suburban noise pollution. Isn't that why we bought an electric adventure vehicle instead of a exhaust spewing ICE?
I'd like to think that's why Rivian has patented it. To stop others from making this kind of thing commercially available:p
Sponsored