Sponsored

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
I love this. It looks very similar to the one I have and had to modify to fit. But it would be much better attachment. Take my money.

IMG_2790.jpeg

IMG_2791.jpeg
Who makes those?

rtobrien63

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
veterinarian
I would buy this today... yesterday!

cjust2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adv Limestone
Occupation
IT Analyst
Wonder if they'll be level with the bars that you'd put on the roof? My RTT can't fit through my garage door by like 2 inches when it's on the roof. :-(

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Escalade ESV, '55 Fairlane
Occupation
Regional Mgr
Clubs

I'm dreaming of a multi-room RTT going across all four of those bars. 🤣

Sponsored

Glongo

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S; Cayenne Hybrid; Sprinter
Occupation
Homebuilding
I want ! …. Oh forgot, I have an R1S.

JeffADK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Convertible, Tractor, UTV
Occupation
All the time
Clubs

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
Figure 2A shows what is essentially a "SOSS" invisible hinge. They're a mechanical marvel to those (like me) who are non-mechanical :)

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Would love to have this as an easy to remove alternative to my Range Industries Mariner rack.

Like others have enthusiastically said, I would buy in a heartbeat, take my money now.

archiboy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
architect
available today from Range Industries. Been on my truck since last June. It's rock solid and way stronger than the Rivian Cross bars. Highly recommend.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian patents bed rack system w/ easy removal and storage IMG_2097

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
available today from Range Industries. Been on my truck since last June. It's rock solid and way stronger than the Rivian Cross bars. Highly recommend.

IMG_2097.jpeg
Have the same, though I replaced the uprights with slightly shorter extrusions so my tent will clear my garage door. At first I wasn't going to leave it on all the time, but the looks have grown on me, and it's not as easy as I would have hoped for to remove. I do wish the angle of the uprights matched the angle of the cab for both aesthetic reasons and so that the spare tire door would open the whole way. (I might have to try to move mine up like you have done on yours.) I understand why they couldn't do that though, as it would be very difficult to get to the bolts to secure it to the mounting points.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Wonder if they'll be level with the bars that you'd put on the roof? My RTT can't fit through my garage door by like 2 inches when it's on the roof. :-(
I had the same issue with our R1S, but could fit it out after letting a ton of air out of the tires. Just don't forget you need to do that on the return trip too.

I'd probably consider these OEM ones if they were telescoping, for that reason, but they look not to be.

Reed

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tacoma, March/24 Reservation for R2
Occupation
Retired

IMG_2097.jpeg
The Range rack is what I have in mind if I do circle back to the R1t.

The appeal of the Rivian system is that it appears to be something that could be removed or installed fairly quickly. How long do you think it would take you to remove your Range rack? How long to install? Is it practical to think in those terms, or is it a system better left permanently on the vehicle?

By the way, I have an untested idea for locking the Range racks in place. I came across gun locks designed to go through the trigger of a gun and prevent anyone from firing a bullet. If you're not familiar with them, they look like miniature dumbbells. They come in various sizes.

If you could find gun locks that could fit through the opening at the base of the rack leg, where it clamps to the box, the locks would prevent anyone from unscrewing the attachments. Four locks and no one is walking off with all that shiny aluminum.

As I stated above, however, this is an untested idea!

archiboy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
architect
How long do you think it would take you to remove your Range rack? How long to install? Is it practical to think in those terms, or is it a system better left permanently on the vehicle?
Remove = 8 hex bolts. 10 minutes (I'd guess). I leave mine on since I can't predict when I'm gonna need it.

Install = Took me about an hour with the help of my neighbor. Best guess is I could have done it in 45 minutes by myself. I like my neighbor, we had a good time doing the project together. If I had to do it now for a second time... It'd be about 20 minutes.

Practical to remove - re-install = absolutely (imo). My use case is I'm a property manager. I never know when I'm gonna need a 20 feet of PVC or a bundle of 16' 2x6. I love the T track - I've got eyelets strategically installed so I can tie down pipe or 2x lumber differently than sheet goods. I can be in and out of the HD or Lowes parking lot in about 5 minutes after checking out.

Reed

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tacoma, March/24 Reservation for R2
Occupation
Retired
Remove = 8 hex bolts. 10 minutes (I'd guess). I leave mine on since I can't predict when I'm gonna need it.

Install = Took me about an hour with the help of my neighbor. Best guess is I could have done it in 45 minutes by myself. I like my neighbor, we had a good time doing the project together. If I had to do it now for a second time... It'd be about 20 minutes.

Practical to remove - re-install = absolutely (imo). My use case is I'm a property manager. I never know when I'm gonna need a 20 feet of PVC or a bundle of 16' 2x6. I love the T track - I've got eyelets strategically installed so I can tie down pipe or 2x lumber differently than sheet goods. I can be in and out of the HD or Lowes parking lot in about 5 minutes after checking out.
That T track is definitely interesting. I need to do some research to find out where I can get parts for it locally. Could be very useful in adding features to the Range rack.
Sponsored