First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi TTS, Triumph TR6, Tiger Explorer
Occupation
CEO
I remember rustic camping with the kids years ago at the top of the thumb in a state park. It was beautiful. Our campsite had bushes at the back of it. If you walked through, you were on the beach with a view north up the bay. Kids had a great time.
Sponsored

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I remember rustic camping with the kids years ago at the top of the thumb in a state park. It was beautiful. Our campsite had bushes at the back of it. If you walked through, you were on the beach with a view north up the bay. Kids had a great time.
I'd guess that was Crescent Beach State Park, agreed that's beautiful! Also a great restaurant up there called Bird Creek Farms which makes the visit extra worthwhile.

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
One of the things I'm looking forward to doing once I get my R1S is doing a round-trip drive to Crescent Beach State Park without charging. With my Model 3, I need to go through Bay City at least one way. It's a nice walk along the beach.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

One of the things I'm looking forward to doing once I get my R1S is doing a round-trip drive to Crescent Beach State Park without charging. With my Model 3, I need to go through Bay City at least one way. It's a nice walk along the beach.
Give me a wave if you loop down M-25. There is a CCS & Supercharging in Port Huron if you need to top up on your way back.
Other options:
CCS in Port Austin (Jule 150kw)
If still in the Tesla, Bad Axe Meijer has a supercharger, just make sure you time it so you can stop at Murphy's Bakery and get some glazed doughnut holes. Honestly they are the best I've had. Ever. I give them as gifts to much fanfare.

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
Those of you heading up to the tip of the Mitt have a new DC option - RED has two 160 KW plugs now available in Cheboygan (downtown - parking lot State/Huron). I was picking up a bike a few blocks away and went over to check them out. I didn't need to charge but they both indicated that they were online.

Sponsored

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

When I picked up my truck in Plymouth, they told me that the engineering office will stay there but the service center is moving. So my impression is that the service center portion of their operation in Plymouth will close when the new one is up and running, which is a bummer for me living in Canton.
Confirming above, I just spoke with service and they pushed back my appointment for the recalls so they could do 3-in-1 at the new Madison Heights center. She confirmed that all Plymouth based R1 service would be moving there with increased lift capacity etc and Plymouth would be staying on as commercial facing facility for engineering and potentially EDVs. Expecting MH location to open in (and don't quote me here) a few weeks so they will get back in touch once they are scheduling there.

Edit: and bowling is just a 4 minute walk down the road :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
DetroitRed

DetroitRed

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2011 Corvette Z06 Carbon Edition
Occupation
Engineer
I have a software issue currently with an update that failed to install properly. The service rep on the phone told me that Plymouth is booked out until the end of July currently and they can't fix my issue remotely. My service appointment options were late July in Plymouth or next week in Cleavland for service. He didn't know a timeline on Madison Heights when I asked.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I have a software issue currently with an update that failed to install properly. The service rep on the phone told me that Plymouth is booked out until the end of July currently and they can't fix my issue remotely. My service appointment options were late July in Plymouth or next week in Cleavland for service. He didn't know a timeline on Madison Heights when I asked.
Hmmmm well the race is on! I work in construction so never trust a schedule fully but hope they are pressing along quickly.

joshtish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Information Technology.
I’m in Ann Arbor. Cars & Coffee is this Saturday 7:30AM @ Zingerman’s Roadhouse!

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I’m in Ann Arbor. Cars & Coffee is this Saturday 7:30AM @ Zingerman’s Roadhouse!
Oofff why are car people often also morning people? That's a little early from my neck of the woods but have fun!

Sponsored

baker27118

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2010 GMC Canyon
Occupation
IT Professional
I can confirm that I have a service appointment that has been moved from Plymouth to Madison Heights for May 4. Hopefully this is good news and can reduce the wait times for service in Michigan. Three to four months was crazy.

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
They're right around the corner from Moosejaw Corporate Office, so they'll have a direct source for all their Patagonia jackets. :)
Sponsored