Seattle R2/R3X Event - anybody going?

Sequoia2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 100D >> R1S , Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I was thinking of going to the R2/R3 event this weekend but I never got around to registering for it. Is that required? Anybody go there today? How crowded was it? Could you get close to the cars?
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Yes, you need a reservation.
Nope, you don't need one just to view them. I may drop in Monday sometime @Sequoia2 , TBD

<Insert screenshot showing the below and more details. I'm still having issues uploading photos>

Just want to pop by? The R2 & R3X will be on display for general viewing during regular business hours (May 4th-6th). No RSVP is needed if you are stopping by outside of the event windows listed below, but there might be a short wait if the space is at capacity.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Where do you see that? If I look at the events, they all say "This event is currently at its capacity". I guess if you drop by in-between event times they might allow walk ins? But as far as I can tell the events are full.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
@VSG @Riviot @Sequoia2
I dropped by today. No reservation made, or needed, and this was right in the middle of the Miir event. They asked for contact info at the door, though. There were ~50-100 people there. Tony Caravano was there as well.

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

@VSG @Riviot @Sequoia2
I dropped by today. No reservation made, or needed, and this was right in the middle of the Miir event. They asked for contact info at the door, though. There were ~50-100 people there. Tony Caravano was there as well.
Think it was worth it? We're hesitant to spend 3 hours traveling for an hour or less of looking at a vehicle we already know we like.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

went. it was awesome. great to see the size and details up close of the R2 and R3X. you dont need a reservation. if you have one you can skip the line, if you dont have oe you wait in line until they call you in. i highly recommend going.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Think it was worth it? We're hesitant to spend 3 hours traveling for an hour or less of looking at a vehicle we already know we like.
I've never been to U Village, so we didn't go just for the event. That said, I didn't learn anything new, but it was nice to get some perspective on size for the R2.

Last edited:

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I've never been to U Village, so we didn't go just for the event. That said, I didn't learn anything new, but it was nice to get some perspective on size for the R2.
Rav4-ish size? Or more Highlander?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4-ish size? Or more Highlander?
Agreed, but did feel a bit shorter/lower.

The one thing that is an issue with the R1 series for my wife (5'2'') is ingress/egress. The floor height, even with running boards kind of drives her away from the R1s, but the R2 is much lower. While we unfortunately couldn't get into the R2, it was easy to tell that the floor is MUCH lower and should make ingress/egress much easier for shorter folks.

Oh, and the Treehouse tent is pretty damn cool. Power from the roof racks, and the projector can be used either inside the tent, or on the outside. They said it is power fold/unfold as well, but the person I spoke to about it was less than 100% sure.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Agreed, but did feel a bit shorter/lower.

The one thing that is an issue with the R1 series for my wife (5'2'') is ingress/egress. The floor height, even with running boards kind of drives her away from the R1s, but the R2 is much lower. While we unfortunately couldn't get into the R2, it was easy to tell that the floor is MUCH lower and should make ingress/egress much easier for shorter folks.

Oh, and the Treehouse tent is pretty damn cool. Power from the roof racks, and the projector can be used either inside the tent, or on the outside. They said it is power fold/unfold as well, but the person I spoke to about it was less than 100% sure.
Yeah, getting that "real-world" feel for the size is why we are going this evening.

The treehouse looks awesome. My friends who went to the reveal said Rivian was very unsure / leaning to not including the power to the cargo bars because of costs. I am hoping that they end up with providing some sort of power outlet at the connection points and then let the aftermarket handle pulling power up to... whatever (like lights).

kilpatds

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P
Nope, you don't need one just to view them. I may drop in Monday sometime @Sequoia2 , TBD
I stopped by on saturday early, and was told clearly that only people who had appointments would be allowed in.

Nice to know that was false, after I left instead of waiting the 10 minutes that would have been required at that time.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Iā€™ll be there about 3:30, for my 3:30 event registration. If anyone has been by, street view shows two parking spots on the ā€œmall streetā€ right in front - are those taken by the R2/R3? If not, any chance I could bribe a couple locals to take those two spots until I arrive? (My R1T plus a small teardrop trailer - Iā€™d love to park there, otherwise Iā€™m going to have to use the UW visitor parking a mile away and walk, and may not make my 3:30 spot.)

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iā€™ll be there about 3:30, for my 3:30 event registration. If anyone has been by, street view shows two parking spots on the ā€œmall streetā€ right in front - are those taken by the R2/R3? If not, any chance I could bribe a couple locals to take those two spots until I arrive? (My R1T plus a small teardrop trailer - Iā€™d love to park there, otherwise Iā€™m going to have to use the UW visitor parking a mile away and walk, and may not make my 3:30 spot.)
They had a display R1T and the Miir R1T there. The R2 and R3X are inside.
Sponsored

Reactions: VSG