AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

@stealthpilot It’s been pretty clear that once you confirm your configuration, your order is close to being built and you lose shop access.
Not sure why you’re acting/reacting like this. It’ll be okay. You’ll get your truck soon enough.
Sponsored

Deleted member 12197

@stealthpilot It’s been pretty clear that once you confirm your configuration, your order is close to being built and you lose shop access.
Not sure why you’re acting/reacting like this. It’ll be okay. You’ll get your truck soon enough.
That has not been clear. In fact someone on this board advised me a few weeks ago that I should confirm the build in order to get shop access.

My guide also told me after I confirmed the build that I would get ship access soon.

I also read the agreement I signed online and it does not mention anything about forfeiting the opportunity for shop access.

I’m canceling my order. Im not putting up with waiting an indefinite amount of time (I have no delivery estimate) while others are getting cars in 2 weeks or less.

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
That has not been clear. In fact someone on this board advised me a few weeks ago that I should confirm the build in order to get shop access.

My guide also told me after I confirmed the build that I would get ship access soon.

I also read the agreement I signed online and it does not mention anything about forfeiting the opportunity for shop access.

I’m canceling my order. Im not putting up with waiting an indefinite amount of time (I have no delivery estimate) while others are getting cars in 2 weeks or less.
Rivian R1T R1S Second Attempt - Fast shop access! 1685332112877

Deleted member 12197

thanks Varis. Not all of us are cut out for bending over for our vendors. If the guide told me they would do something, I expect it done. If they can't keep simple customer commitments like following through on shop access, there is no chance this company will be around in a couple of years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
thanks Varis. Not all of us are cut out for bending over for our vendors.
A whole 23 days into the order process and you’re whining like a child who got told they can’t have any ice cream after dinner. The majority of us on this forum waited years after placing an order.

Sponsored

Deleted member 12197

A whole 23 days into the order process and you’re whining like a child who got told they can’t have any ice cream after dinner. The majority of us on this forum waited years after placing an order.
Your point is totally irrelevant. People who waited over a year ordered in a different time period. If I had ordered an SUV I would not even bother following up.

I ordered in the context of Rivian posting this:
Rivian R1T R1S Second Attempt - Fast shop access! 1685333499106

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Your point is totally irrelevant. People who waited over a year ordered in a different time period. If I had ordered an SUV I would not even bother following up.

1685333499106.png
Could - not will.

Disclaimer

* 14-day delivery available for some configurations through R1 Shop. Delivery timing varies depending on reservation holder location and vehicle availability.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

1685333499106.png
Rivian R1T R1S Second Attempt - Fast shop access! IMG_20230528_220635

OP
OP
puppers

puppers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, FL5 Type R, A91MT GR Supra
Starting to think I should edit the thread title to accurately reflect its purpose.
🤓

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
thanks Varis. Not all of us are cut out for bending over for our vendors. If the guide told me they would do something, I expect it done. If they can't keep simple customer commitments like following through on shop access, there is no chance this company will be around in a couple of years.
"bending over for our vendors". Dude this isn't the truck for you. You're going to have wait times, you're going to have service times too. This is a new company still figuring things out. Go buy a Ford or a Chevy. Also I waited over a year for my truck and I was one of the lucky ones. The fact that it hasn't even been a month and you're whining on this of all forums isn't going to turn out well for you.

Sponsored

R1TCentralMa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Computer Sci Stuff
Starting to think I should edit the thread title to accurately reflect its purpose.
🤓
This is your experience, post..title.

Not everyone will have the same outcome, even those that have been waiting 1+ years. And that "**" at the end of the announcement infers so. As frustrating as it would be and venting is acceptable, I beleive the other person needs to redirect their "expectations" to the Riv team, not here, at this time or start their own thread. IMHO

To me the joy, excitement of your "luck" is being negated!! I find that wrong, annoying. Though this is what happens on a daily basis online nowadays. Oddly enough that behavior is not restricted to younger people, which surprises me. In the days of BBS, usenet newsgroups, I do not recall people venting, complaining, high jacking a thread so much. I guess I am kinda venting myself since I am happy for the OP!!!

Please post a picture when you have your camioneta/pickup..

Hasta luego/later!!

Last edited:

Deleted member 12197

I think it is reasonable to want the pace and timing they advertise on their website. I also think it is reasonable to think that all customers should be treated equally.

Seems like everyone here disagrees. It says a lot about you all that you think it is okay for customers to be mislead by companies, and that it is okay to give some customers preferential access.

I am out.

OP
OP
puppers

puppers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, FL5 Type R, A91MT GR Supra
This is your experience, post..title.

Not everyone will have the same outcome, even those that have been waiting 1+ years. And that "**" at the end of the announcement infers so. As frustrating as it would be and venting is acceptable, I beleive the other person needs to redirect their "expectations" to the Riv team, not here, at this time or start their own thread. IMHO

To me the joy, excitement of your "luck" is being negated!! I find that wrong, annoying. Though this is what happens on a daily basis online nowadays. Oddly enough that behavior is not restricted to younger people, which surprises me. In the days of BBS, usenet newsgroups, I do not recall people venting, complaining, high jacking a thread so much. I guess I am kinda venting myself since I am happy for the OP!!!

Please post a picture when you have your camioneta/pickup..

Hasta luego/later!!
Thank you! I’m really looking forward to it. My first wait/deposit got the best of me and with communication about faster deliveries, it was appealing.

Will definitely post the truck once it is here! Just finished the 8 steps and now, waiting :). Appreciate the kind words.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I think it is reasonable to want the pace and timing they advertise on their website. I also think it is reasonable to think that all customers should be treated equally.

Seems like everyone here disagrees. It says a lot about you all that you think it is okay for customers to be mislead by companies, and that it is okay to give some customers preferential access.

I am out.
I thought you were just being sarcastic but saw you thread about leaving and deleting your account. Bye.