Osyras

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
not an EV
Clubs

Hello, I have only had my R1s for a couple of weeks now and I see that the new SW update has been released. I have not received the update notification as of yet and I know they push in batches so I was curious how long does it usually take for it to get to all vehicles?
Sponsored

AndrewsRivian

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S 2024
Occupation
Supply Chain Consultant
Also haven’t received the update yet, can’t wait to hear why.

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
I suspect the push update will be pretty soon for everyone. They just sent out the mass mailing about the update so everyone is going to be looking for it (not just us forum denizens).

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

It can take a week or two potentially. Don't worry, it'll come. Everybody running around with FOMO like Rivian "forgot" them or something - it'll come guys!!

OP
OP
Osyras

Osyras

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
not an EV
Clubs

It can take a week or two potentially. Don't worry, it'll come. Everybody running around with FOMO like Rivian "forgot" them or something - it'll come guys!!
I work with software and definitely appreciate the paced roll out, I was more curious of the time lines. I would much rather someone else find the bugs before me.🤣

Sponsored

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

I work with software and definitely appreciate the paced roll out, I was more curious of the time lines. I would much rather someone else find the bugs before me.🤣
I am also in software, and was one of the "bricked" R1Ss on that release. So yeah, rolling updates are a good thing. it'll come :D

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
And don't worry about if you're connected to your home's WiFi or not.. the update will get sent over LTE if WiFi is not available.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
It pays to have had your Rivian for a while. I get my updates pretty quick but not quick enough to get the bricked one a couple updates ago.

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
They seem to batch it by when you bought it - We picked up our R1S at the end of August and just got the update yesterday.

Sponsored

beyondgravity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Hello, I have only had my R1s for a couple of weeks now and I see that the new SW update has been released. I have not received the update notification as of yet and I know they push in batches so I was curious how long does it usually take for it to get to all vehicles?
I have had my R1S for 7 months and I could never figure it out. Sometimes I am first in the queue and other times, I am a week or so late. This one I haven’t gotten it. Except for Halloween one, which I need it as soon as it releases, I don’t care much. It comes when it comes! Enjoy your brand new R1S

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Quad
I took delivery July 2023 and I usually get them the day after I see the first people getting them. However I've seen some people take much longer, maybe a week. It will come just be patient!

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Just got my R1S update last night. They roll out, my guess is in batches to lighten to load on servers as well as support in case of issues. Patience is key here, just wait it will hit you soon.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Got my R1T May 2022. I get updates at the beginning, middle, and end of the rollout so I don’t think the date you take possession has anything to do with it. More like a random update.
Sponsored