Sponsored

SOS Calling after failed charging at EA, Low washer fluid warning.

PowerBugs

First Name
Dru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
I was at an EA charging station when trying to make a charge and every time I tried it failed. Dashboard notification says "Unplug and plug it again" . On the third try, while outside waiting, my family inside calling me to get back in because the truck started SOS for emergency. I was able to cancel the call but was puzzled how it happened. I tried one more time charging and failed again so I thought it must be the charger. It was around 40% at that time and I was able to charge that morning albeit at a slower rate that is why I wanted to top it off at 70%.
The next day, I got a notification on the dashboard that my windshield washer fluid is low. This also puzzles me because I have never use it except for once to test it to familiarize myself. It's only been 8 months so I'm wondering why I my washer fluid is low.
Anyway, does anyone have this kind of experience?
I already made an appointment with SF SC but this is just bad timing since I have 2 trips coming up right before my appointment.
Sponsored

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
I had a similar experience with EA on Saturday night. I tried to charge again at the same location on Sunday morning, but encountered the same error message. So, I drove to a different EA location and was able to charge successfully. Additionally, this morning I received a warning indicating that the windshield washer fluid is low (I used washer fluid may be few times and was surprised to see the warning message).

Last edited:

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

not sure how they are connected but i also got the washer fluid low warning. re-filled it with a gallon only to come back a few hours and see a big puddle underneath the right front of the vehicle. likely the reservoir or hose is leaking. opened a service ticket.

SciGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T quad, large pack, 20ATs; 2012 Acura TSX
not sure how they are connected but i also got the washer fluid low warning. re-filled it with a gallon only to come back a few hours and see a big puddle underneath the right front of the vehicle. likely the reservoir or hose is leaking. opened a service ticket.
3 days into owning my R1T I also got a windshield washer fluid low warning. It took nearly the entire container of fluid before being full so it seems they just forgot to fill it at the factory or the SC (not sure who was supposed to do this before delivery).

Tejkalra

First Name
Tejinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I also don't understand why within 6 months of owning my truck and rearly using my washer fluid it's already gone. I got same error. Filled it up it's gone now.

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
They don't fill it at the factory....they just add a little to test the sensor it seems. I got low washer fluid notification on 2 of the 3 new trucks I've had experience with. Munro? :CWL:

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

They don't fill it at the factory....they just add a little to test the sensor it seems. I got low washer fluid notification on 2 of the 3 new trucks I've had experience with. Munro? :CWL:
This. Mine came on days after getting my truck and I hadn’t used the washer yet. I added almost a gallon and it hasn’t come on since. Seems they put just enough in to turn off the low washer warning.

The charging error is probably unrelated and more likely something with EA or that particular charger.

exRiv33

First Name
Mixhael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I have a low wiper fluid warning on my R1S and can’t get it to come off. Added a gallon of fluid and within a day it was back on. Service ticket for El Segundo CS is open and will update if I get resolution.

I used the spray and then opened the hood to see a lot of fluid running down the inside. Not sure if there is a hose leak or a sensor issue. Interesting to see multiple vehicles having the same problem.

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Today I got please unplug error again at 2 EA stations, not able to charge at EA. Not sure whether it’s rivian or EA issue. EA CS was useless and had no clue.

Am I the only one? Is anyone else experiencing this issue at EA?

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Today I got please unplug error again at 2 EA stations, not able to charge at EA. Not sure whether it’s rivian or EA issue. EA CS was useless and had no clue.

Finally I was able to charge at EVGo with no issues. Think it’s EA.

Sponsored

capitolm94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
3 days into owning my R1T I also got a windshield washer fluid low warning. It took nearly the entire container of fluid before being full so it seems they just forgot to fill it at the factory or the SC (not sure who was supposed to do this before delivery).
Same with me, delivered with just a small amount in there.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Within 3 months of owning my R1T I had to fill up the windshield wiper fluid.
Within 6 months of owning my R1T I had to replace the battery in the FOB

During 9 months of owning my R1T I've had more than one occasion of having to pick a different charging stalls at an EA charger due to it not charging correctly.

I've never experienced it doing an SOS call.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PowerBugs

PowerBugs

First Name
Dru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota

That has been happen to me lately. If there is another available charger then I just move there which usually works and tells me it’s not my truck.
Sponsored