Thanks for the update.

Glad you have it back to new.

Enjoy and happy travels.

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Final update: Repair complete. Took 9.7 hours of labor to replace battery and sync systems up with the new battery. Test drive by SC confirmed all is good. See attached Energy status and range of 273 miles (vs 150 miles) estimated for All Purpose Mode at 100%.

In shop from Tuesday to end of day Friday 3/8/24. We will pick up today. The battery was sent to a Rivian location to do forensic work on what went wrong. The SC manager told us that Rivian does not reveal results of that investigation as it’s considered proprietary information. Disappointed not to be able to know more and share with you all!

We look forward to our road trip from Ohio to SD with a full capacity battery (and at least one Waffle House stop along the way).

IMG_2958.jpeg
Glad to hear they corrected this quickly for you. And thank you for sharing your experience.

I know this was a warranty item, but curious whether you're receipt for the service stated the cost of the new battery? I'm not worried about this personally, but curious what they charge internally for a battery pack.

OP
OP
OnePedaler

OnePedaler

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ford Explorer
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Glad to hear they corrected this quickly for you. And thank you for sharing your experience.

I know this was a warranty item, but curious whether you're receipt for the service stated the cost of the new battery? I'm not worried about this personally, but curious what they charge internally for a battery pack.
The receipt doesn't have a cost listed for the battery. It does show 9.7 hour of labor was used. But, total cost is listed as $0.00 since under warranty as you stated.

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Got it. Thanks. 10hrs labor seems reasonable, if not somewhat low for this work.
Sponsored