Sponsored

Supercharger pricing difference between Rivian app and Tesla app?

prism7118

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Sorry if this has been posted but I couldn’t find it on a cursory search. I’ve noticed that Supercharger pricing, particularly at stations that have 3-4 different rates depending on the time of day, are different when comparing between the Rivian app and Tesla app. I assume that the Tesla app pricing prevails, but has anyone verified this?
Sponsored

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

OP
OP

prism7118

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
As I mentioned, I have checked both Rivian and Tesla apps. I’m asking if someone has actually verified what they are billed when they plug and charge with a Rivian. I guess I’m just surprised that the pricing is not accurate in the Rivian app since everything else is linked up in the backend, like the number of stalls available, plug and charge, and integrated billing.

Last edited:

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

As I mentioned, I have checked both Rivian and Tesla apps. I’m asking if someone has actually verified what they are billed when they plug and charge with a Rivian. I guess I’m just surprised that the pricing is not accurate in the Rivian app since everything else is linked up in the backend, like the number of stalls available, plug and charge, and integrated billing.

You will see the discounted rate based on Tesla pricing. I was charged the lower $0.23/kWh off-peak rate when I tried the Tesla station last night using plug and charge.

MidnightRivian's R1S Tesla Charger test session hitting speeds @ 217 kW using A2Z adapter / plug and charge feature

Rivian R1T R1S Supercharger pricing difference between Rivian app and Tesla app? 1711299833575-jb

Rivian R1T R1S Supercharger pricing difference between Rivian app and Tesla app? IMG_9244

OP
OP

prism7118

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I think we are talking about different issues. I understand how peak and off peak pricing work, but attached is the pricing for the same station that has different peak/off-peak hours and pricing between the Tesla and Rivian app.

Rivian R1T R1S Supercharger pricing difference between Rivian app and Tesla app? IMG_3419

Rivian R1T R1S Supercharger pricing difference between Rivian app and Tesla app? IMG_3420

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
You will see the discounted rate based on Tesla pricing. I was charged the lower $0.23/kWh off-peak rate when I tried the Tesla station last night using plug and charge.

MidnightRivian's R1S Tesla Charger test session hitting speeds @ 217 kW using A2Z adapter / plug and charge feature

1711299833575-jb.png

IMG_9244.jpeg
All you're showing is the pricing from the Tesla app, and your receipt. I feel like OP has been very clear that they're seeing different prices in the Rivian app compared to what the Tesla app shows for the same charger at the same time.

For what it's worth, I see the same discrepancy between my Rivian app supercharger pricing and those same superchargers listed in the Tesla app. The timeframes don't even match up between the two, and Rivian doesn't always show cheaper pricing. Some of the timeframes are more expensive than what Tesla shows. It's a bit of a mess.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

At least on my end the Tesla rates are the prices that I am being billed at when I use plug and charge.

Rivian R1T R1S Supercharger pricing difference between Rivian app and Tesla app? IMG_9244
Rivian R1T R1S Supercharger pricing difference between Rivian app and Tesla app? IMG_9246

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
At least on my end the Tesla rates are the prices that I am being billed at when I use plug and charge.

IMG_9244.jpeg
IMG_9246.png
I agree, the Tesla app is the same as the Tesla Supercharger website. I was charged the rates on the Tesla website for the 2 test that I did in Costa Mesa, CA, not the rate in the Rivian app.

If you have internet connection on the truck while charging it tells you the running total on the screen. My truck internet was down on the first test, I initiated the charge from the Tesla app, it did not show on the screen but I did get billed through Rivian and got the receipt emailed from Rivian for both the plug and charge as well as the charge initiated from the Tesla App.

I do not have the member price so not sure if the member price will be communicated if you initiated from the Tesla app but I would assume it does. If anyone has the member pricing would be great if they can confirm that.
Sponsored