Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Some more funding for Rivian, although I'm not sure that this has to do with NEVI.

Thank goodness! The Normal EA station was one of the worst I've stopped at because it was so damn busy and only 4 stalls. Kind of inexcusable that they didn't install one there sooner. Springfield and Oak Brook will be good too. I was surprised that western Chicagoland was so bad for chargers. It wasn't so much the lack of chargers as so many were down, derated, or always full...so Oak Brook will be nice if I go visit family out that way again.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
In Moosic, PA - right next to the Tesla station. The Rivian gear is in. The irrigation folks said they are waiting on the main power feed to be run to the transformer - happening in “two weeks”

IMG_3090.jpeg

IMG_3091.jpeg
Glad to see progress, but this seems really silly especially now that Superchargers are open to Rivian. Those do look like V2 though, so maybe that particular station isn't open to Rivian, but one would have to imagine they will be replaced with V4 at some point and would be available then.

DeafPug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Yes, the Moosic, PA site is an older v2 (150 kW) Supercharger site. While Tesla sometimes goes in and expands a v2 site with new v3 hardware, they rarely, if ever, rip out the original v2 hardware. Due to potential confusion on which are able to be used by other vehicles with a NACS adapter, these combo/mixed sites are not available to other vehicle manufacturers.