First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Under what conditions (20%) is the QM better?
I don't understand the easier on tires part since it is usually in FrontWD. I am getting better tread life out of our QM 20" with plenty of towing, mtn pass driving & hwy conserve than our Sienna under normal conditions.
When you say significant
The QM does very well when it has good traction under be at least 3 of it's wheels. Obviously it does great on pavement.

It also does great in the desert and in the sand (where I am at the moment).

Tire wear: the DM only switches to FWD when already moving, and under very light load; so it never "shreds" the fronts the way the QM can in Conservative. Any time you ask more power of the DM, it re-engages the more powerful rear drive.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NineElectrics

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
So far it's looking like the dual max pack will add only about 30 real world miles of winter "road trip" range over the quad. Does calling that a "max pack" tarnish the brand? Yes. Is it still pretty useful for me to have those 30 extra miles? Also yes.

Last edited:

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Does calling that a "max pack" tarnish the brand? Yes. Is it still pretty useful for me to have those 30 extra miles? Also yes.
Agreed especially considering that the standard+ has a 15kwh (50% more) increase vs standard at a fraction of the cost.
It is barely a Large+, as Kyle from OoS said it should have been thrown in.

OP
OP
NineElectrics

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Update: I miraculously got a service slot that wasn't four months away, probably due to a cancellation. Service was truly exceptional, and fixed everything I had on my list. Kudos, service!

Since that time a few more issues have popped up:
- the glass roof rattles on some mountain roads
- the front passenger door makes several sharp "popping" sounds when opening and closing
- one of the door handles appears "sunken" relative to all the others

I also notched my first door ding (some random who, of course, did not leave a note). I'm not sure the metal in this car is very substantial, at least superficially. PDR should take care of that.
Sponsored