Sponsored

Jim4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Anyone get a shipping email for their A2Z that ordered on the 18th yet?
Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
The EA station in Baker is Very reliable.... that was difficult to type
Good to know - they were absolutely horrific the last time I used them 20 months ago _ I had to switch between 4 stations and still got a slow charge.

Rivian R1T R1S Tesla Supercharging (NACS Charging) Now Available in Rivian App! Step By Step Instructions IMG_1288

cwintermeyer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Adventure Quad, 2023 Wrangler 392 XR
Occupation
Software exec
I had a similar issue last week so it may be a bug with the current software and not tied to today specifically. I walked up to my truck and only the back doors unlocked. It took several tries with the app to get it to lock and then unlock all of the doors. First time something like that has happened.
I had a similar wonky unlock experience tonight when I was running some errands. As I walked up to my R1S, all the passenger doors unlocked and the right mirror unfolded but the driver door remained locked and the driver mirror remained folded. Inside, the driver screen stayed dark and Gary was still wielding his camera on the infotainment screen even though three of the four doors were now unlocked.

I tried several lock/unlock cycles with the iOS app but every time the behavior was consistent… the driver door wouldn’t unlock and the mirror wouldn’t unfold. I opened the front passenger door and Gary disappeared as the infotainment screen came to life. The unlock button on the screen had a dot in the upper right corner, indicating the truck knew that the driver door was still locked. When I tapped the unlock button the driver door did unlock but the driver mirror did not unfold.

When I got into the driver seat, I tapped the mirror unfold button from the infotainment panel but nothing happened. I had to tap the mirror fold button (which folded the passenger mirror) and then tap the unfold button, at which point both mirrors unfolded as expected.

The truck has never misbehaved like this before. FWIW I’ve had version 2024.07.02 installed since March 15, and I’ve had both proximity lock/unlock as well as automatic mirror fold/unfold enabled since I got the truck last fall.

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

I had a similar wonky unlock experience tonight when I was running some errands. As I walked up to my R1S, all the passenger doors unlocked and the right mirror unfolded but the driver door remained locked and the driver mirror remained folded. Inside, the driver screen stayed dark and Gary was still wielding his camera on the infotainment screen even though three of the four doors were now unlocked.

I tried several lock/unlock cycles with the iOS app but every time the behavior was consistent… the driver door wouldn’t unlock and the mirror wouldn’t unfold. I opened the front passenger door and Gary disappeared as the infotainment screen came to life. The unlock button on the screen had a dot in the upper right corner, indicating the truck knew that the driver door was still locked. When I tapped the unlock button the driver door did unlock but the driver mirror did not unfold.

When I got into the driver seat, I tapped the mirror unfold button from the infotainment panel but nothing happened. I had to tap the mirror fold button (which folded the passenger mirror) and then tap the unfold button, at which point both mirrors unfolded as expected.

The truck has never misbehaved like this before. FWIW I’ve had version 2024.07.02 installed since March 15, and I’ve had both proximity lock/unlock as well as automatic mirror fold/unfold enabled since I got the truck last fall.
Had the me too if this behavior earlier in the thread. Just this past Sunday I had the opposite. The driver door unlocked and mirror came out, the passenger side mirror stayed folded in and the other 3 doors stayed locked.
So that’s 2 times now in a way for me

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Occupation
health care
If I were going on a road trip, I'd pay the $200 for the charging options.
That A2Z adapter is shipping now. Order now and it should ship within 3 weeks. I ordered March 6 and yesterday it got put into shipping.

Sponsored

R1 EVY

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

That A2Z adapter is shipping now. Order now and it should ship within 3 weeks. I ordered March 6 and yesterday it got put into shipping.
That baby was ordered by time I hit "post reply".

simpsonhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Model S Plaid

I started having this problem on 2024.07.02 with the driver's door not unlocking, too. I read somewhere to restart the Rivian app on my phone which didn't make sense (I highly doubt the phone app controls which doors and mirrors lock/unlock). But I restarted the app anyway and so far, it's been behaving (I still think it's sheer coincidence at this point—or something else fixed it, at least temporarily).

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Yes I did, or I would have seen nothing north of Boston - no magic docks in the area.

I just checked those chargers on the supercharge.info map. Hooksett and Lincoln NH, Berlin VT and Queensbury and Plattsburgh NY are all listed as 150 or even 120 kW which means they’re still v2 and incompatible with CCS charging. Being a long-term Tesla owner I’ve generally charged at some of the earlier stations which were often placed in key locations (eg Hooksett is at the NH Welcome Center service area on I-93, with good food options, a State Liquor Store, and a little shack selling coffee and wonderful Apple cider donuts).

West Lebanon NH is a hybrid - last year or in 2022 they added 8 v3 stalls to the existing 8 v2 stalls, so they probably don’t list it to avoid confusing people. But I wonder if those v3s actually work anyway? I’ll give it a try when I get my adapter.
Wondered if anyone noted the new Tesla SC at the Epsom, NH circle is now open according to the Tesla map. My in-laws live just south of Alton and I have been watching a new sandwich shop and gas station with chargers being built there for some time. Showing 8 of them at 250kw and work with an adapter. A nice photo of them on plugshare

Hercules10

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
Credit to Reddit for noticing first.

Update the vehicle to the latest software and the app. You must have software version 2024.7.2+

Now I just need an adapter and preferably the free official Rivian / Tesla.

I ordered the A2Z adapter using discount code "RIV" and will use it until the official one shows up.

I also put an order in for the Lectron one and will post up a review on both later.

Folks who ordered A2Z adapter 2 - 3 weeks ago are receiving it now. See below quote from @A2ZEV on what the company has to say about availability.

A2Z EV Link - NACS (Tesla® Supercharger & NACS 3RD PARTY DC CHARGERS) to CCS1 Adapter | 500A | 1000V

Lectron Tesla Supercharger (NACS) to CCS Adapter | Vortex Plug | 500A | 1000V

Rivian Access to Tesla SC’ers has gone LIVE

RJ said on Twitter / X that charging will be “plug and charge” with automatic billing – no app required

***Breaking News***

Rivian access to Tesla Superchargers has officially gone live !!!

PLEASE NOTE: To see the chargers in the app and Your vehicle, you need to Unhide chargers requiring adapters. In the car it’s under the Hide tab on the main nav screen.

In the app it’s located here :

Open app>navigation tab(bottom middle icon)>lighting bolt(top right) >hide>hit toggle Adapter needed.

Tesla chargers will appear.

This is a huge thing for all Rivian owners especially for roadtripping. No information about Tesla/Rivian adapters shipping or shipping time has been confirmed or released.

Rivian will give free adapters to owners.

https://rivian.com/support/article/...fpLA0UBhjU6D8K99BsQRgCnaz7ISPbWIueoHwhYsv415I

How do I get a Rivian-approved NACS DC adapter?

We’re offering a free NACS DC adapter to all Rivian owners in the US and Canada to enable charging at over 15,000 Tesla Superchargers across North America.

We’ll email all existing Rivian owners in early April with instructions on how to opt-in to receive an adapter*. Once you’ve confirmed your interest, we’ll follow up to confirm your mailing address when your adapter is ready to be shipped.

Adapters will begin shipping in April, and we’ll prioritize our longest-standing owners for earliest fulfillment.

*For those taking delivery after in April and beyond, we’ll contact you separately about getting your adapter

1710782004451-hq.png

Edit: Rivian Tracker video using TESLA APP not RIVIAN APP couple days ago of them charging their Rivian On A Non-MagicDock Tesla Supercharger using an adapter.

You should be able to do the same thing today using RIVIAN APP.

I ordered the A2Z adapter using discount code "RIV" and will use it until the official one shows up.

I also put an order in for the Lectron one and will post up a review on both later.

Folks who ordered A2Z adapter 2 - 3 weeks ago are receiving it now. This is what the company has to say about availability.

A2Z EV Link - NACS (Tesla® Supercharger & NACS 3RD PARTY DC CHARGERS) to CCS1 Adapter | 500A | 1000V

Lectron Tesla Supercharger (NACS) to CCS Adapter | Vortex Plug | 500A | 1000V

1711036370898-5j-png.png

IMG_8897.jpeg
IMG_8898.jpeg

IMG_8901.png
IMG_8902.png

1710780925276-18.png
Problem with all this is you can't use the Tesla App and discount pricing. If you do, both Tesla and Rivian will charge you for the same charging session. Happened to me. Have a ticket into Rivian on this..
Sponsored