The Max Pack Will Most Likely Be Canceled - IMO

paco180

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Find an ICE truck that don’t do less than 300 miles, doesn’t exist for a work truck. If had to settle for a 300 mile truck that can’t be used for what it was intended, I rather buy an ICE truck for 1/2 the price. 40k, goes a long way in Gas!
Sponsored

Last edited:

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Find an ICE truck that do 300 miles, doesn’t exist for a work truck. If had to settle for a 300 mile truck that can’t be used for what it was intended, I rather buy an ICE truck for 1/2 the price. 40k, goes a long way in Gas!
Huh?

yes it does. a yodge ram 1500 has a 23 gallon tank, does 20mpg on the highway.

thats 460 miles.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Not reading through nine pages of comments but I really hope this is not the case. I'm not rich, and I maintain all my own vehicles and keep them running for a very long time. I've been saving for three years for a Rivian. My current truck is 15 years old, heavily customized, has 238,000 miles and still runs great. The Rivian will most likely be the last truck I buy in my life so I ordered it fully loaded - with all the options. I don't mind waiting a little longer, this just gives me more time to save to pay for it. Not going halfway on a thing I plan on spending so much money on and keeping for so long.

That said, I'm also on the waiting list for Cybertruck, Silverado EV, and F-150 Lightning. I need an EV truck for my job and will take whichever one I can get first - assuming I can spec it out the way I want it.
Waiting list meaning you have deposits for all?

paco180

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
I phone did an auto correct, and removed, my words lol. It supposed to say : don’t do at least 300 miles, 😂

Last edited:

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you don’t like the thread stay away. I don’t understand the petulance exhibited here. You don’t have to click on it. I find the speculation interesting. He said in the thread title IMO which means he is speculating.
Disagreeing with wild speculation isn’t “petulance“.

this is a public forum for discussion, ”if you don’t agree don’t look” Is nonsense.

Toadkillerdog

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo, 2020 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Physician

this is a public forum for discussion, ”if you don’t agree don’t look” Is nonsense.
You still sound unreasonably upset to me. It’s not wild speculation. Would you have called it wild speculation if someone had predicted the explore package would be cancelled several months ago?
edited to add more and be less adversarial lol

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y

He was likely replying to Dark-FX. The guy with 1900 posts who criticizes our time in this "worthless" discussion.

Jabbahop

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 BMW i3, ‘19 BMW i3, ‘22 R1T -> ‘24 R1S Max
Occupation
retired
Hope they aren’t cancelled - just changed my config to Max since I have heard nothing about our 9/21 Large pack reservation.

Jumacao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T PDM MP CY, Tesla Model Y, Energica Eva
Occupation
Legal
Given that we're getting close to when Max Packs are supposedly rolling out, I wouldn't be surprised to see an uptick in reversions to the max pack for people who were originally quoted 1H23 delivery dates.

If you downgraded and don't have a guide already, you're probably not going to take delivery for at least 6-8 weeks. That puts us into November, at which point you might as well wait a couple more months for the bigger battery.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

He was likely replying to Dark-FX. The guy with 1900 posts who criticizes our time in this "worthless" discussion.
boo urns

thanks for not tagging me by the way.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sadly mine gets 15mpg :). 12-13 in the city.
Current model v6 is rated 20mpg 🤷‍♂️

when we had a 2003 with the then new yeah, it’s got a hemi… it did like 8 on the highway 🥲

paco180

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
$45000, divided by let s say $5 a gal; = 9,000 gal
so @ 9k galLon’s let say you get 15miles per gallon. That’s 9000x15= 135,000 miles.

my point is that 45k gives you a lot of gas. Im not buying the max truck for looks, or environmental reasons. I’m buying because I need a work truck that is also fun to drive and I can afford to pay a premium. But if they cancel the max battery, then I’m out. I don’t need a 300 miles daily driver, I already have two.
Sponsored