Sponsored

The rain is finally here, PNW! And so are the sensor issues...

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Let me know how it goes. I'm in Renton but need to get that done before spring. We had a long summer but at least I could plan ahead and cool down the truck before climbing in using the app.
Accutint in Bellevue is the best in our area as I’ve tried a few over the years. FormulaOne Pinnacle is super clear high quality tint. Also got AirMax80 for the windshield. Super clear, no glare and much reduced summer heat.

Bonus: 15% discount for BECU members!
Sponsored

Milermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
PNW-er here. My P2 did really great in last year's rainy season. ACC ("Pilot") never cut out. No false readings. I'm currently doing a DIY ceramic (turtle wax hybrid) on my R1T, hoping that good beading will keep the cameras clear.
Did you have any luck with that? I just did a long road trip in the rain and would like to find an improvement before the next one.

pklomboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

PNW-er here. My P2 did really great in last year's rainy season. ACC ("Pilot") never cut out. No false readings. I'm currently doing a DIY ceramic (turtle wax hybrid) on my R1T, hoping that good beading will keep the cameras clear.
so you put the coating on the camera lens?

pklomboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Yes. It didn't help too much with water, but no problem otherwise.
Cool ill try it on my next truck wash!

Sponsored

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
Perhaps not a sensor issue and not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but for those with more time driving in the rain than me so far: Have you experienced the windshield wipers getting stuck in the middle of a sweep?

Driving in our last good rain here in Dallas was almost a bit dangerous because every few minutes my wipers would sweep up into my line of sight and then stop there for 3-4 seconds before resuming.

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Perhaps not a sensor issue and not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but for those with more time driving in the rain than me so far: Have you experienced the windshield wipers getting stuck in the middle of a sweep?

Driving in our last good rain here in Dallas was almost a bit dangerous because every few minutes my wipers would sweep up into my line of sight and then stop there for 3-4 seconds before resuming.
14k miles, never seen that. I suggest a single hard reset. If it reoccurs, contact support.

SRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
retired
I don't remember where I saw it, but I could've sworn I've seen a vehicle with a camera sprayer connected to the windshield line. Like it would squirt the camera. And this was years ago.
My 2017 Bolt had a rear camera sprayer. it went on with the rear window sprayer. Worked great.
Sponsored