Tidal Artwork Not Showing

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Since the latest update to 2023.42.01 I no longer have any artwork showing in Tidal. If I switch to Spotify, there is artwork. Tidal plays like it always has so I know I’ve got a data connection. I’ve done a couple of soft reboots and that hasn’t changed anything. Anybody else experiencing issues or have suggestions to fix? All other data functions (GPS, etc.) seem to be working fine.
Sponsored

FL_EV

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Occupation
retired
I updated to 42.01 a month ago but on Tuesday, out of the blue, I lost all my album art on Tidal. No issues with Spotify or Amazon music. Also, no issues on my wife’s R1S with Tidal. Both vehicles still on 42.01. I called Rivian and they are unaware of this being an issue. Soft reset had no impact. Going to try a hard reset today.

OP
OP
bhopkins

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I updated to 42.01 a month ago but on Tuesday, out of the blue, I lost all my album art on Tidal. No issues with Spotify or Amazon music. Also, no issues on my wife’s R1S with Tidal. Both vehicles still on 42.01. I called Rivian and they are unaware of this being an issue. Soft reset had no impact. Going to try a hard reset today.
Let me know how if the hard reset helps.

FL_EV

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Occupation
retired
Rivian CS was no help. Hard reset didn’t work. Then I did a Google search and there was a recent post suggesting to try the following:
1) log out of Tidal in the Rivian.
2) Soft infotainment reset (hold left & right outer steering wheel buttons at same time).
3) Hard reset (outer left steering wheel button & hazard at same time.)
4) Log back into Tidal on Rivian once LTE comes back on display.
That got my album artwork back! YMMV.

Remember, do not do a Hard Reset within 1 hour of having done a prior Hard Reset!

OP
OP
bhopkins

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Wanted to provide an update on this issue. Tried a little trouble shooting based on FL_EV’s response above.

1. Logged out of Tidal then back in - no change.
2. Logged out of Tidal, did soft reset, then log back in - no change.

Was getting to be late so didn’t do anything else. Got the notification to upgrade to software version 2023.46. Upgraded. Tidal now showing artwork. Not sure if the upgrade fixed it or if there’s a hard reset that happens during the software upgrade that then fixed the issue.

Sponsored

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Same issue. I haven’t been offered .46 yet, glad to hear that resolved it.

Gully

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTI, R1T
Unfortunately .46 caused this problem with my truck. Probably it was just a coincidence that the .46 restart fixed the issue for the other poster, and its about the other steps they took.

Neighbors

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Prius
Occupation
Media Development
Unfortunately .46 caused this problem with my truck. Probably it was just a coincidence that the .46 restart fixed the issue for the other poster, and its about the other steps they took.
Same here :/

Gully

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTI, R1T
For those following this thread, mine popped back in yesterday without any restart. I'm not sure what part of this caused it but I thought I'd share what the context was when it happened.

FYI - I hardly ever listen to Tune-in ...

– I got in the truck and switched to Tune-in from Tidal to listen to local sports. I did this for about 15 mins while driving to the grocery store.
– It was still on Tune-in when I parked and while I went grocery shopping for about 30-40 mins.
– I returned to the truck, switched it from Tune-in to Tidal, and the Album art was back!

Hopefully this helps others?

TucsonST

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch Edition, 2020 Acura RDX Advance
Occupation
Engineer
Same here

Sponsored

lilbuj

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Jeepster Commando, Volvo S60R, Suburban
Anyone else still missing their Tidal artwork. Mine disappeared after 46.1 and the resets and logouts didn't get anywhere. I waited until 50 came out and still no artwork. Have a ticket in.

OP
OP
bhopkins

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Mine was back to normal after the update to .46.

chryses

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Clubs

I lost my Tidal artwork with .42, it came back with .46, and now I've lost it again with .50. Super frustrating. I've tried all of the various reset troubleshooting options recommended on this forum/reddit to no avail. They really need to add a way to clear/refresh the Tidal cache within the app itself.

TucsonST

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch Edition, 2020 Acura RDX Advance
Occupation
Engineer
My Tidal artwork came back with the .50 update but I had already canceled my Tidal subscription and now on a free 3 month trial with Spotify. IMHO, the Spotify interface and app are much better and my hearing is not awesome enough to detect any significant difference in sound quality between the two. I wanted Tidal to be better, but for me it just wasn't. Sticking with Spotify.
Sponsored