First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, BMW
Occupation
Computer Systems Validation Engineer
One change I noticed with this update...not sure if this existed in the past. Saw a reflection in the car ahead of me the other day and when the turn signal comes on now the opposite DRL and the light bar dims a lot.
Hasn’t it always been like this?
Sponsored

Mobius1

First Name
Asim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR; Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Technology
My wife does not shows up as a passenger in the front seat about 30% of the time with the seatbelt fastened. She is 105~108 lbs.

Not registering when seated means two key things:
1) no airbag support in case of an accident
2) passenger side climate control doesn't function separately from synced mode.

After multiple attempt with the service center/mobile service, Rivian can only say that it's within spec.

Rivian SC staffs say that SW fix is coming. That was 4 firmwares ago.

Instead of tinkering with some of the small infotainment enhancements, one would think that safety fix should be at higher priority.

Unfortunately the problem is so small in terms of affected population, they have done nothing to date.
Same for me. I told them this hasn’t been an issue in any other car over the past 20 years and I was told “it’s not ideal, but that’s how’s Rivian does it and it’s within specs” 🤷🏽‍♂️

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Opal got her update yesterday. and it has now been uploaded. All went smoothly. I really don't mind getting the updates at the tail end of the series. This gives me the opportunity to read all the information here on the Forums and make sure that there are no glitches.

Brian

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Opal got her update yesterday. and it has now been uploaded. All went smoothly. I really don't mind getting the updates at the tail end of the series. This gives me the opportunity to read all the information here on the Forums and make sure that there are no glitches.

Brian
Very practical

OP
OP
zefram47

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Sponsored

OP
OP
zefram47

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Best way to get an update alert is to hug a Gary plushie.
70% of the time it works every time.
Lol. I have Gary riding in the rear seat armrest area.

HopefullyR1S

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback
Occupation
SAHD
Received update yesterday no issues.
However previously at 70% charge it would show 232 miles now it shows 244 miles. Anyone else have their range change?

akc5247

First Name
AKC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Subaru Ascent Touring, 2024 R1S dual motor
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

They do the rollout in waves. Possible it's dependent on specific hardware that's in your vehicle but I don't know if Rivian's updates are that granular. Sometimes the minor versions are.

Typically everyone should see an update within two weeks if they don't encounter issues.
Yeah my R1S got stuck during the update push from Rivian and essentially telematics, gps, networks, maps, vehicle version info, connectivity to vehicle via the app (and hence charging from app / lock unlock etc) - all effectively stopped working. I have service appointment this week.

No issues with driving the vehicle, so I'm okay, but I wonder wth happened. From similar threads on prior updates by other folks here, maybe a bad TCM module, but I'll confirm once I get more info from the appointment.

Rivian R1T R1S 2024.11.2 Software Update Released! => Release Notes: Send Navigation, Mapping, Charging Feedback/Scores + Rear Display Improvements + More IMG_20240421_105019

Rivian R1T R1S 2024.11.2 Software Update Released! => Release Notes: Send Navigation, Mapping, Charging Feedback/Scores + Rear Display Improvements + More IMG_20240421_104808

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Yeah my R1S got stuck during the update push from Rivian and essentially telematics, gps, networks, maps, vehicle version info, connectivity to vehicle via the app (and hence charging from app / lock unlock etc) - all effectively stopped working. I have service appointment this week.

No issues with driving the vehicle, so I'm okay, but I wonder wth happened. From similar threads on prior updates by other folks here, maybe a bad TCM module, but I'll confirm once I get more info from the appointment.

IMG_20240421_105019.jpg

IMG_20240421_104808.jpg
This SOS calling error was the first sign that my TCM was failing. SC was able to do the replacement once the part was delivered. TCM is specific to and programmed for your VIN, so hopefully they order it in advance and don't make you wait after diagnosing.

Sponsored

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Anyone having PaaK issues after this update?

After the 2024.11.2 update my phone app stopped being able to manage the truck features or unlock through the app, but would show correct status info.

In troubleshooting I removed my PaaK to re-add it, but it just times out during the actual bluetooth connection/prompt step. Never had this issue before when having to re-pair my PaaK....

PoorDick

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Karma, 2019 Colorado, 2022 C40 Recharge
Occupation
Retired
Received update yesterday no issues.
However previously at 70% charge it would show 232 miles now it shows 244 miles. Anyone else have their range change?
I always charge to 70% in AP mode and it peaks at 203 miles, now it's 206

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Seriously how long has this update been live? Will I ever get it 😂

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Cyber Security
My mobile app continues to show the download icon at the top right even though I applied the update days ago. Is anyone esle seeing this?

Rivian R1T R1S 2024.11.2 Software Update Released! => Release Notes: Send Navigation, Mapping, Charging Feedback/Scores + Rear Display Improvements + More IMG_1947

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Well my car learned a new trick today.

I have it set to not automatically lock the doors at home. When I went to retrieve something today the handles were extended (normal) but the doors were locked (not normal) and I couldn't get in.

Trying again with both phone and FOB did not help. I was finally able to get in by using the app to lock and then unlock the doors.

It is interesting to see proof that extending the handles is not physically associated with locking and unlocking the doors. Now I just wish there were settings to control the handles separately from the locks.
Sponsored