Tint Price Check on Xpel XR+

Supraman16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Supra TT, Lexus ISF, Forester XT, Odyssey
Occupation
Professional
Any issues is LAH (low angle haze) with Llumar Air 80 or FormulaOne? I had ceramic tint done before on the windshield (can't remember the brand) and it had horrible LAH and I want to get it removed with something that's more clear. From what I've heard, almost all ceramic tint's will have some degree of LAH.
Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Any issues is LAH (low angle haze) with Llumar Air 80 or FormulaOne? I had ceramic tint done before on the windshield (can't remember the brand) and it had horrible LAH and I want to get it removed with something that's more clear. From what I've heard, almost all ceramic tint's will have some degree of LAH.
You’ll always get some LAH with higher VLT ceramic films. Llumar does a good job controlling it somehow. I’ve seen it once on a previous vehicle with Pinnacle 50 on front two doors; it was a very small amount; it just looked like the glass was a bit dirty. Every other execution of Pinnacle, nada.

I tried SunTek Evolve on my Mach-E and the LAH is crazy bad on the two front doors.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I just got a quote for my R1T for Llumar IRX all the way around on all windows for $699 and an additional $250 for Air80 on the windshield. Thoughts?

Cactusone

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma Acura RDX corvette
I would get the Xpel xr black over the plus due to the plus having too much blue hue, imo. If you want max heat rejection then the xr plus is better but aesthetics the xr black wins.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

I would get the Xpel xr black over the plus due to the plus having too much blue hue, imo. If you want max heat rejection then the xr plus is better but aesthetics the xr black wins.
Or avoid all that madness and go with Llumar IRX or FormulaOne Pinnacle. High-performance ceramic films that are true black films.

Sponsored

Cactusone

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma Acura RDX corvette
Guys asking about xpel not llumar. Not everyone has a llumar installer close by or whatever.

Kavv

First Name
RivianMom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Can someone recommend a Llumar IRX shop in Socal? Thank you

Kavv

First Name
RivianMom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Thank you. Has he done work for you? Do you have pics?

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I did Xpel Prime XR+ all windows + windshield was $1k in South OC, California.

OC House of Tint. Ivan did a great job. Had a better experience than my last tint place Protective Film Solutions which did my Model Y for about the same in 2021, but quoted higher for the R1T (oddly enough Model Y had more + larger windows).

Have not had any hazing issues on either vehicle also if I remember correctly some films have a rainbow'ing reaction with polarized sunglasses, I have not noticed this with Xpel on either vehicle.

Sponsored

caiudalmau

First Name
Carles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S 2023
I do XPEL XR on all of my cars. 55 on windshield, 35 on rear windows over factory colored glass and 15 on front windows. Always been very happy with it.
Have you done the roof glass?

tbolts10

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Public Safety
Have you done the roof glass?
Nope - my guy said he doesn't recommend it so I got a shade for it. I'm skeptical of the whole "tint can make the roof shatter" thing, because i've never seen it actually happen, but I didn't want to be the first.

SeattleClearBra

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Occupation
Paint Protection Film Window Tint Vinyl Ceramic Installer
Clubs

Prices will vary allot throughout the USA. If not mistaken, it's about 1950 for all windows up in the Seattle area for XR Plus.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

Don’t do the roof. You’ll end up feeling more heat. Ceramic tint absorbs heat, which will then radiate against your head and shoulders. Ask me how I know.
I don't get the logic here. If a tint absorbs heat, wouldn't it then radiate the heat inside no matter which glass surface it is covering?

SeattleClearBra

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Occupation
Paint Protection Film Window Tint Vinyl Ceramic Installer
Clubs

I don't get the logic here. If a tint absorbs heat, wouldn't it then radiate the heat inside no matter which glass surface it is covering?
Kind of sorta, hard one to get the right answer but in short, it's like being under a shade tree on a hot day. At first you can feel the radiated heat wish I suspect is mainly from the heated interior vs the window itself, although you don't feel the burn of the sun and once the cabin is cooled down you feel very comfortable, it gets rid of that heating sensation on your body and of course also cuts down on the glaring light. I guess the only way I can describe it for you. I have 20% XR Plus and feel nothing from the sun driving down a highway on a 100+ degree day.
Sponsored