Sponsored

Touch-up paint

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I am in need of some touch-up paint. Ugh. I contacted Rivian and they're not selling any and said they cannot recommend a vendor, either.

I see paintscratch.com and touchupdirect.com both claim to offer Rivian LA Silver. Does anyone have experience with touch-up paint for their R1T? Who did you order from? What color do you have? Are you happy with the product?

I see Dr ColorChip also claims to have Rivian colors, but they don't have LA Silver. They also have a color that Rivian doesn't sell (Squid Ink) so I think they're not trustworthy, right now.
Sponsored

OP
OP

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
Watching with care as I unfortunately have the same issue. Forest Green

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

+1 for Rivian Blue. Service had done some touch up for me last service visit but nicked it again with my RTT ladder.

Sponsored

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I just wanted to let you know that www.automotivetouchup.com now has Rivian touchup paint. This is where I buy all of my touchup paint and I haven't had any complaints about the touchup paint matching the vehicle.

I parked my R1T in the garage on delivery date and wasn't even thinking and opened the frunk in the garage (I have shelves in the front of the garage). I then went to shut it and it stopped....I looked up and instantly said some choice words. LUCKILY it put one small chip in the bottom lip of the trunk, but I didn't have the GW touchup paint and was getting PPF installed the next day. I used the white I had from my last Chevy truck, which was close but not exact. I figured it's a small spot and you had to be looking for it while also looking from the ground towards the sky.....BUT having it touched up/smooth would be better than nothing and I didn't want to wait on the PPF. It was one of those items where I was mad, but thankful because it could have been SO much worse if it would have hit on the way up and not on the way down.

Long story short, I just ordered touchup paint from automotive touchup.

OP
OP

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I just wanted to let you know that www.automotivetouchup.com now has Rivian touchup paint. This is where I buy all of my touchup paint and I haven't had any complaints about the touchup paint matching the vehicle.
Ah, I wish I had known about this a few days ago. They are more affordable than what I already ordered from paintscratch.com. I was disappointed to learn (after I already paid) that they're really backed up with orders, too, and my paint isn't expected to arrive for several weeks :-(

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Ah, I wish I had known about this a few days ago. They are more affordable than what I already ordered from paintscratch.com. I was disappointed to learn (after I already paid) that they're really backed up with orders, too, and my paint isn't expected to arrive for several weeks :-(
Sounds like an easy order cancel if they are backed up for weeks.

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I had checked Tuesday or maybe Wednesday of this week and Rivian wasn't even listed on their website, so they definitely JUST released the touchup paint for Rivian.

OP
OP

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Sounds like an easy order cancel if they are backed up for weeks.
Maybe if I contacted them they'd make an exception... But their policy is pretty clear NO REFUNDS, lol. I guess I should just wait.

Rivian R1T R1S Touch-up paint 1659106631582

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
What an incredibly restrictive policy. If they haven't started working on your order (which is 100% the case since it has been delayed weeks) there should be no reason for them to deny you a refund. Sounds like they are either a) unreasonable people or b) too lazy to implement an order system that allows for easy progress tracking, cancelations etc.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Maybe if I contacted them they'd make an exception... But their policy is pretty clear NO REFUNDS, lol. I guess I should just wait.

1659106631582.png
Great review of why NOT to order from them...ever. That's ridiculous if the issue is THEM.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
paintscratch.com, perfect match, I ordered the 1 ounce bottle.
I got a Launch Green pen from here as well as I just had a quick job to take care of where I whacked my door on my retaining wall. Ordered over a month ago and finally just got it put on, matches flawlessly. Recommend.

Note: I just checked www.automotivetouchup.com and they do not offer Launch Green as a color option.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

1659106631582.png
Wow. I wouldnā€™t order from this outfit based on their policies alone.

ā€œwe canā€™t fulfill your order in a reasonable amount of time, but NO REFUND FOR YOU. Itā€™s your fault for ordering from us.ā€œ

id just go to a bodyshop you trust. My go to gives a little bottle of touch up paint with every repair.
Sponsored