Sponsored

Truckload of Fisker Ocean's

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
Checked out my friend's Fisker Ocean this weekend. Fisker/Magna have done a great job on the fit and finish - body panels are perfectly aligned, the interior material is top notch and the overall look of the vehicle is even better in person. The software needs work but overall, I came away impressed. Its not competing with the R1S (atleast not in my book) but I can see this giving Model Y, Polestar and Mach-E solid competition. I would pick this one over the others once the SW bits get ironed out. Lack of a frunk was a big miss IMO. While I don't use the frunk much on our R1S (because we have a lot of space in the trunk), I can see the need for a usable frunk on the Ocean as trunk space is pretty small.
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Checked out my friend's Fisker Ocean this weekend. Fisker/Magna have done a great job on the fit and finish ..
Serious question...
Could you ask your friend where he will get service on his Fisker if it's something that mobile service can't handle?

Thanks...

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I saw two Fisker Oceans at our local Cars and Coffee this month. Itā€™s a very impressive looking vehicle. I hope Henrik Fisker has learned from his past mistakes because I would love to see them succeed. Iā€™ll be interested in the Alaska if it ever makes it to production.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I like the "Park my car" mode. Wish Rivian had that.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

I have an Ocean reservation and was invited to order in 6/2023. It's a potential replacement for my wife's 2020 Model 3 performance. However we just can't pull the trigger yet. I want to see one in person and the closest show room is in LA. I haven't found the time to make the trip.

From browsing Reddit, there have been some concerns with poor communication and poor service, which sounds all too familiar. I might completely lose my mind with potential service issues for 3 EV's (R1T, R1S, Ocean) from two different start ups, so we remain in a holding pattern.

I heard Fisker is hiring for a showroom and service center in nearby Tempe, AZ so that'll help with a final decision. We're in no rush.

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
From browsing Reddit, there have been some concerns with poor communication and poor service, which sounds all too familiar.
I've also read the same thing on a couple of different Fisker forums.. from inactive features (like the solar roof disabled on all vehicles at this time, OTA updates not available for some vehicles.. they need to updated manually via PC by a technician) to 3%+ vampire drain, to dead 12V batts, vehicles that won't lock.. others that won't unlock, trim falling off, Fob issues, etc.. and the largest amount of complaints by far are regarding Fisker ghosting them when they put in service requests and a general lack of communications from anyone at Fisker. These complaints are from international customers as well, just not in the states.

So far.. the Fisker launch is off to a pretty rocky start.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I test drove one about 3-weeks ago. It drove fine but it didnā€™t blow me away. The electronic rear view mirror takes some time to adjust to.

I have a reservation for an Ultra but doubt I will follow through. Itā€™s going to have teething issues being a brand new platform. The closest service center is simply not convenient for me. I also worry about the resale values and dodgy history of Mr. Fiskerā€˜s auto companies.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I test drove one about 3-weeks ago. It drove fine but it didnā€™t blow me away. The electronic rear view mirror takes some time to adjust to.

I have a reservation for an Ultra but doubt I will follow through. Itā€™s going to have teething issues being a brand new platform. The closest service center is simply not convenient for me. I also worry about the resale values and dodgy history of Mr. Fiskerā€˜s auto companies.
I have a reservation for an Alaska... it will likely be close to two years before I'm offered delivery, which suites me fine looking at how poorly the Ocean One launch has gone. Fisker has a lot of details to work out if they want to stay in business and actually thrive!
Sponsored