Kory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ R1T, 22", RBlue, OCoast, no Tonneau
Occupation
Business owner
Sooo where’s the video🧐
I tried uploading, but the Forums states it’s too big, even at 8 seconds. So, I’ll do some trimming and provide all the juicy media s00n!
Sponsored

No_Name5330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 tremor/ GMC Yukon AT4/ R1S
Clubs

I tried uploading, but the Forums states it’s too big, even at 8 seconds. So, I’ll do some trimming and provide all the juicy media s00n!
Arghh that’s always the worst, anyways I’m excited!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
All that matters is you both are safe!
I agree. Glad to hear everyone is good.

Theme from most of the accidents we hear about occupants fare pretty well, vehicles not so much, that is really all we can ask for.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
hopefully the at fault party has adequate insurance.
Good time to remind people how important it is to pay attention to the un/under insured portion of their insurance. Does not cost a lot but that is the portion that takes care of you should something bad happen out there. A lot of states have really low minimums simply will not cover our vehicle damage.

Edit: just as an example, to legally drive in California the minimum property damage would barely cover my bicycle should someone hit it. This is from the CA DMV website.

Here are the minimum liability insurance requirements (per California Insurance Code §11580.1b):
  • $15,000 for injury/death to one person.
  • $30,000 for injury/death to more than one person.
  • $5,000 for damage to property.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
KRo

KRo

First Name
Kory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ R1T, 22", RBlue, OCoast, no Tonneau
Occupation
Business owner
Ok - video has been uploaded (front, left and right) from the drive cam. Added it to the original top post

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

Good time to remind people how important it is to pay attention to the un/under insured portion of their insurance. Does not cost a lot but that is the portion that takes care of you should something bad happen out there. A lot of states have really low minimums simply will not cover our vehicle damage.

Edit: just as an example, to legally drive in California the minimum property damage would barely cover my bicycle should someone hit it. This is from the CA DMV website.

Here are the minimum liability insurance requirements (per California Insurance Code §11580.1b):
  • $15,000 for injury/death to one person.
  • $30,000 for injury/death to more than one person.
  • $5,000 for damage to property.
wow...$5,000 is really low. This is why insurance rates are so high. If all you have is $5,000 property damage coverage you may as well not be insured at all!

ksujeff99

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
Ok - video has been uploaded (front, left and right) from the drive cam. Added it to the original top post
Crazy there was an R1S behind you that showed up on the video! But it is Portland I guess so that’s not unexpected.

Dave Cundiff

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (DM, MaxPack); 2023 and 2019 Bolts
Thanks for sharing!

Hard to tell from these views, but it looks as if the driver of the white car (Tesla?) to your left also didn't see this guy coming.

Glad nobody's hurt. Hope your beautiful blue R1 is back in action soon. Best wishes!

Ds904

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S;
I had my R1s for less than a month and some idiot rear-ended me at about 40 mph while I was at a red light. Her car was totaled my R1S was drivable from the scene and has been in the shop for over two weeks now. Initial appraisal is about 10k. The car that hit me was a small compact car and it seemed to mostly go under the rear bumper so I’m hoping I got lucky. But yes car is a tank I am thankful I wasn’t seriously injured.

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Pretty hard hit. Glad to see the pyro fuse didn't immediately blow like I'd expect from a Tesla. I watch a lot of the Wham Bam Teslacam YT channel and so many of the Teslas just immediately power down after a hit.

Tahoe Man

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
wow...$5,000 is really low. This is why insurance rates are so high. If all you have is $5,000 property damage coverage you may as well not be insured at all!
It's really a joke. $5k is nothing, same with injury minimum.