Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Volvo XC60
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I've sent a number of emails, texts and followups over the past three weeks to the West Region Guide, Customer Service, and the chat system online. Chat was responsive but had no answers and...referred me back to the guide. My questions have been about payment portal and scheduling Qmerit install so, while I understand it being the holidays, fairly time-sensitive issues and I guess I would have expected a response within three weeks.

Anyone else having this issue? I suspect Rivian may have crossed a volume threshold where they either need to invest in better knowledge management for chat folks or need full time customer service people. I know there are a lot of EV startup veterans here but this is one of the considerable gaps to me between the conventional dealership relationship and the way that Rivian & Tesla seem to work.
Sponsored

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Just chiming in - my wife and I had horrible experiences with the west coast guides. They need to increase the amount of West Coast guides or split it up into two separate regions. To put it bluntly it was a bad enough experience, it made me miss working with a dealership.

Service has been significantly better - I put an an issue Saturday morning and they called me Saturday night at 9 PM to clarify service issues. They have some bizarre call back hours.

Last edited:

Cascadian

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Outback
Clubs

I went 3 days in the middle of my purchase process with no response to my questions by text, email and voicemail. Only when I called but didn’t leave voicemail did I get a call back.

shame that you are getting the same response.

Redmond Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (LG, FE, 20"), Tesla Model X
Clubs

I sent email two weeks ago, no response.

alistairg

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Quad
I concur. The West Coast guides were an awful experience when we bought our R1T. I've been chasing them for the title for the truck for some time as well - and it's impossible to get any sort of response.

Service, however, has been really responsive. At least it's just the purchasing experience that's bad - it gets better once you own! :)

Sponsored

Gee Bee

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw tdi golf -chevy SSR-997 Turbo S
Occupation
Design
Broken tonneau cover from delivery

no response after weeks , I might call American Express for a charge back

Apatel323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

While I was purchasing the Rivian, the West Coast guide was amazing. They were quick to respond. However, last month, they have been unresponsive. I’ve left a voicemail and emailed with no response. I’ve received a response to text messages on occasion. They must be overwhelmed, but Rivian needs to get things in order.

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I've sent a number of emails, texts and followups over the past three weeks to the West Region Guide, Customer Service, and the chat system online. Chat was responsive but had no answers and...referred me back to the guide. My questions have been about payment portal and scheduling Qmerit install so, while I understand it being the holidays, fairly time-sensitive issues and I guess I would have expected a response within three weeks.

Anyone else having this issue? I suspect Rivian may have crossed a volume threshold where they either need to invest in better knowledge management for chat folks or need full time customer service people. I know there are a lot of EV startup veterans here but this is one of the considerable gaps to me between the conventional dealership relationship and the way that Rivian & Tesla seem to work.
Have you tried the on-call distro? I used this to finish my purchase due to an MIA guide.

[email protected]

Semibruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

I had much better luck with communicating via TXT message and had different people on the guide team responding. (I only had one name and didn't realize they had staff.)

DenisRL

First Name
Denis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, Lexus 250 AWD
Occupation
retired
Clubs

I understand the frustration but we need to focus on the company and not the guides. The West Coast guides were doing double duty in December getting Ontario launched as well as keeping BC going. Thanks to Jake and Chris for their help to us in Ontario who have been waiting a long time for our vehicles. Rivian you need to resource up in advance of these openings and not after. The forward planning appears to be totally missing.
Sponsored