First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
is there a good package for charger adaptors for the R1T that can be purchased and used for not only Tesla but other chargers as well?
Sponsored

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

What other adapters are you looking to get? Tesla is basically the only other common standard for level 1 and level 2 vehicle charging. If you are talking about adapters for the Rivian portable charger for outlets you might use at a campground, there is really only one. I'd recommend getting an EV specific TT-30 to NEMA 14-50 adapter so you can charge at 24amps @ 120v on a TT-30 RV outlet. Just keep in mind that will only get you 2.88kW. In my opinion it's almost not even worth it to try and charge that slow. Just go find a DCFC.

OP
OP
johstacy

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
What other adapters are you looking to get? Tesla is basically the only other common standard for level 1 and level 2 vehicle charging. If you are talking about adapters for the Rivian portable charger for outlets you might use at a campground, there is really only one. I'd recommend getting an EV specific TT-30 to NEMA 14-50 adapter so you can charge at 24amps @ 120v on a TT-30 RV outlet. Just keep in mind that will only get you 2.88kW. In my opinion it's almost not even worth it to try and charge that slow. Just go find a DCFC.

I am talking like CHAdeMO to J-1772... I have a CHAdeMO near the house that is free that runs at 50kw however they have a J-1772 next to it but it only runs at 7kw

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

I am talking like CHAdeMO to J-1772... I have a CHAdeMO near the house that is free that runs at 50kw however they have a J-1772 next to it but it only runs at 7kw
Ah. J-1772 is just for AC charging. What you are describing would be a CHAdeMO to CCS Type 1 adapter. Hypothetically that would allow you to take advantage of the higher rate DC charging capability. Unfortunately, that type of adapter does not exist.
Sponsored