First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
my thought on this
0-60 in 2.6 seconds
six-piston Brembos (Z07 package gets carbon-ceramic brakes)
8600 redline
670 HP

Looks are subjective. The manual vs DCT is also a matter of opinion (I do prefer to row my own gears). Anyone upgrading to this? Or parking alongside their GT350(R)?
Right now, my C8 Z51 shares garage space with my GT-350 (1966). This is the 4th Corvette the Shelby has shared garage space with - waiting for number 5.

Hopefully by the end of the year the Z51 will be replaced by a Z06 - I'm #9 on my dealer's list (MSRP) and they have been getting about 1 allocation per month so far. I'm also on their list for the Corvette SUV that is rumored to be coming in a few years. No cost to be on that list yet so nothing to lose!
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I like the C8 for sure. I personally wouldn’t buy one because I already have a bike I struggle to ride enough. Toys for me can become a burden instead of something fun like they are supposed to because I feel guilt over not utilizing them.

I have friends and family that went the amass a collection route when it came to cars and it seemed to me as if after a while the cars owned them instead of them owning the cars. Much of their days were spent dealing with rotating cars, doing PM’s and spending money on maintenance for cars they drive a few times. Now granted they had 10-15 collector vehicles at a time but I just don’t want to get on that treadmill.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

C8 Z06 is high on my list to replace my C6 Grand Sport at some point. Also considering the Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 or GTS 4.0 or possibly a 911 of some sort. I autocross and track my sports cars, so I use most of the performance potential and frequently. Pending specs on the rumored C8 E-Ray, I could be swayed to get one with electric motors on the front axle if it doesn't increase the weight substantially. The C8 is already quite the porker.
Sponsored