First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 2500, Polestar 2, R1T Max Pack Performance
Occupation
Retired Petroleum Engineer
As our production continues to ramp up, we want to share new information that affects your Rivian preorder. 

Vehicle base pricing and the cost of certain options, upgrades and accessories have increased. All packages of the R1S will now only be offered in a 7-seat configuration.

We’re in the process of updating your Rivian Account page to reflect these adjustments and we will send you an email notification when the update is complete. Until then, all product and pricing updates can be viewed in our configurator.

These price increases — the result of inflationary pressure on the cost of supplier components and raw materials across the world — will allow us to maintain product excellence as we continue investing in electrification for our shared future. We remain committed to offering compelling products and helping drive competition, inspiring as many drivers as possible to switch to electric vehicles.

To that end, today we’re also announcing the introduction of Rivian Dual-Motor AWD for both R1T and R1S. Dual-Motor AWD features one motor for each axle for exceptional power and control. The system is designed to excel both off-road and on-road, going from 0-60 mph in as few as 4.0 seconds while still delivering all-wheel traction. Deliveries are planned to begin in 2024. We are also introducing our 260+ mile range Standard battery pack, with deliveries planned to begin in 2024.* Dual-Motor AWD and Standard battery pack are available now in our configurator, where you can find more information on each.

We’re grateful to you for being an early supporter of Rivian and helping drive the EV movement towards an enduring and livable world. If you have any questions about your preorder, we’re here to answer them.  

Thank you again for being on this journey with us.

— Team Rivian
This is an outrageous way to treat the pre-orderers who provided early support for Rivian. First a deferment of the R1T Max Pack, then the money-losing ‘special treatment’ IPO, and now a huge price increase. I have cancelled my order. GM, Ford or RAM will provide my new electric truck.

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
what are they going to do with 1000 trucks sitting on the lot with power tonneau covers/etc that nobody is going to pay for anymore? I guess maybe that's the number of people that are 'close enough' to be locked in?

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Hit the update button on the configuration. It will go up and so will you.

Why would i do that?! I dont want it to update HAHAHA

Sponsored

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

I hadn’t ordered yet.

I like the R1’s more than any other on the market, but this puts it well outside the price I’m willing to pay. I was struggling to justify it before, but it isn’t going to happen now.

Thankfully, I’m in no rush for a new vehicle. I’ll wait for a few years and see how the EV market shakes out. There’s plenty of good EV’s out there, and even more options every year. I’ll probably be looking in 2024 or 2025, and I think both availability and prices will improve by then.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I admire your optimism, but I expect everyone who hasn't gotten the email about their order NOT increasing will see an increase on their config page shortly.

Id agree just holding out hope ugh.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Guess I'll wait for the current shitstorm attacking CS to abate and then contact them to ask how much sooner my delivery window is now :)
Right now I am likely going to double dip on getting a truck sooner as I switched back to the R1T and folks dropping out of line. I really wanted 7 seats, but I can always get rid of the Crosstrek and get a 7 seater ICE for the occasions we need it w/ the grandlittles.

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

If y'all are thinking the Cybertruck is still gonna start at 39k, you're in for more disappointment.
But you can always put in a reservation for the Lightning, wait at least 2 more years and pray that doesnt increase in price.
Yeah, that's never going to happen. I'm looking at my configuration page though and it's showing $112,350. You're going to be able to buy a pretty nice CT or Silverado EV for that kind of $.

Sponsored

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I've only been waiting, and spending multiple hours per day researching and browsing the forums, for 6 months so feel particularly bad for those of you who have been patiently waiting for years now. I'm going to hold onto my reservation for now and see how everything plays out, but will likely end up cancelling. Like many others have stated, this vehicle was already a bit of a stretch for me so I was actually hoping for more time to build up a hefty down payment. Now, I'll probably buy a much, much cheaper ICE and drive that for a few years until I can properly afford a $150k 2026 Rivian.

jtshaw

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, LE R1S
Occupation
Engineering VP
Not even remotely close. When Elon increases the price of vehicles its from the point of announcement forward... not to those that already have deposits / orders in. Its very different, 100% different.. Elon / Tesla price increases are actually transparent and sometimes he even gives a few days notice before the increase. What RJ / Rivian just did is douchebaggery in the finest... and I guess is good to know now just how horrific this company is to its customers. I mean we ALL have felt that over the last year with the horrendous communications... but this is a new level of low. It's a big F$CK you to all of us. It really is.
Tesla has gotten better about it a bit recently (particularly with the Y launch), but I've had Tesla do this exact same thing Rivian is doing now to me in the past and I suspect they will do it again to Cybertruck pre-order customers.

Texasag05

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-250 King Ranch, 2022 Bronco OB Sasquatch
Occupation
EVP, paving highways to drive these awesome vehicles
I am so effing happy I kept my bronco reservation. I hopefully pick it up in the nexr two or so days once delivered. I was getting nervous about having to decide and had settled on driving the bronco a little and keep it nice to flip before my R1S LE came in June/July. But not now. Haven’t cancelled yet need to sleep on it and see how things go for March 10 call. I wonder if they are gambling that it’s better to announce price hike, and gamble that not as many cancel before call so they can help out stock price. Rather than not announce price hike and have to focus on bad production numbers.

sad thing was I had told myself I’m not paying any ADM for the bronco but, Hell, even if they ask 5k more that’s still a lot better than the 16k I just got slapped with. And it actually exists!

I hope this isn’t the start of the end of Rivian. They had so much promise. If enough cancel and they don’t sell it could be bad quick. Amazon doesn’t have to buy the vans. Why buy a vehicle that you don’t even know if they will be around anymore, let alone a fleet!

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I am thinking I will keep my reservation until I have to sign on a virtual dotted line and then cancel.
String them along like they did us.....

7 day return policy!!!
Sponsored