Sponsored

Potential Delays for OC and FE Interior

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Saw this post on FB, where a guide advised that all OC and FE interiors are 'officially' delayed, and BM is the only one available.
Rivian R1T R1S Potential Delays for OC and FE Interior Screenshot 2022-03-15 084911

Anyone with OC or FE been advised their deliveries are being delayed by their guides?
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

...Yes. And was offered to switch to BM.

How is OC/FE delay still even a question? It's been thoroughly covered elsewhere.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
CS is not confirming that this morning. If it's 'official' it hasn't yet reached CS chat...not that that would be a surprise...

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender

How is OC/FE delay still even a question? It's been thoroughly covered elsewhere.
Yah we should all know by now while the community is good at perpetuating rumors it's great at gathering evidence like...anyone see photos of OC or FE in deliveries or at the service centers yet?

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Someone(maybe even you!) here had mentioned asking their guide, who’d said there was no mention of delay, then dug further upon realizing the order hadn’t progressed…and found out anything but black interior was delayed some months.

Quite curious to know which piece of the puzzle is causing the delay. Is it upholstery, wood trim, plastics? Some combination of those things?

sort of morbidly fascinating seeing these supply delays occurring when they’re ones I don’t have to deal with myself.

who knew worldwide supply chains rely on “that's the beautiful part. When wintertime rolls around, the gorillas simply freeze to death.” Levels of planning ??

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

It's been discussed here a lot. But it's all been speculation. The guides will tell you that they are totally unaware of any delay.
YMMV depending on the guide. Mine was very open with me about supply chain issues affecting FE by a few months and offered to switch me to BM. I happily switched.

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
I don't know about the FE interior. But OC, from what I've been told (not all that much) from guide as well as service center is that there is not a delay but that they started with the black interior with the first batches. If there is a delay, it will be communicated really soon, because my contacts said they have a lot of OC interior buyers that are in the April delivery window. (us included.)

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
yeah. my guess is that OC isn't delayed but was just not in the first batch of builds. FE it sounds like very likely is delayed, as a few folks have said they were told this and offered to switch.

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
..who knew worldwide supply chains rely on “that's the beautiful part. When wintertime rolls around, the gorillas simply freeze to death.” Levels of planning ??
Unless the gorillas are members of The Army of the 12 Monkeys, then they'll be just fine o_O

I have OC interior ordered and am willing to wait for it. Hopefully this will be resolved by my Q4 delivery guesstimate.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

As of yesterday no Probs on FE inside......
rivchat.jpg
I received the same response in May, June, July.... October... December... About deliveries too ?

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

CS is always the last to know. Everything is on schedule until it's not. All we know is they are only building Black Mountain currently, and the guides are trying to match customers to already built vehicles in order to get delivery sooner.