GLACIER WHITE R1T Photos

Mike Hunt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I’m waiting for my Glacier White LE 20”. Two more weeks in addition to the previous 6 weeks.
An additional 2 more weeks
Sponsored

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T QM, '23 R1S QM, '23 MY DM, '24 Cyberbeast
Occupation
Electric bum
Anyone has a Gear Tunnel Shuttle installed? If so, please share pics and comment on its functionality. Thanks

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

I gotta say, GW is the sleeper hit in my opinion. This is from the Chicago service center this morning. I saw GW, Limestone, El Cap, R Blue, Midnight, and Launch Green. I'm leaning toward GW or Limestone at this point.

Rivian R1T R1S GLACIER WHITE R1T  Photos tempImagervetjH

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
I gotta say, GW is the sleeper hit in my opinion. This is from the Chicago service center this morning. I saw GW, Limestone, El Cap, R Blue, Midnight, and Launch Green. I'm leaning toward GW or Limestone at this point.

tempImagervetjH.jpg
I agree, I was fighting choosing GW on my R1S reservation because I didn’t want a white vehicle but it looks so good on the R1S prototype from a few years ago. The tiger striping issues with LA silver made the switch easier. Hopefully it’s not too much of a pain to keep clean. Can’t be worse than black…

Rivian R1T R1S GLACIER WHITE R1T  Photos EB261DFC-C15A-478F-B6B2-AA454BBC36E9

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
I bought into the old "white is as bad as black" theory for a long time until I owned a white SUV showing me the error of that thinking. White vehicles are much easier to look "clean" than any dark color. Even a somewhat dirty white car looks pretty good as long as you don't rub a clean spot on it revealing just how dirty it really is. 😄 Of course nothing beats a silver/gray-ish/medium-type color for hiding dirt.

Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

White also hides light scratches and swirl marks pretty well so over time it tends to still look good with wear compared to some other colors. For looking clean, GW is likely only second to LA Silver, which is why it’s my backup choice (I still want LA Silver). Though I like Rivian Blue and El Cap Granite, after having a black car for six years, and a deep blue car for three years before that, I really want something easy.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Anybody seen a GW with the Forest Edge interior in any of the reason Forest Edge Pictures? I'm considering it.... But I am not sure. The white with black interior is simple and cohesive, but the allure of the green is giving me second thoughts.

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

Anybody seen a GW with the Forest Edge interior in any of the reason Forest Edge Pictures? I'm considering it.... But I am not sure. The white with black interior is simple and cohesive, but the allure of the green is giving me second thoughts.
That is my exact order in R1S since day 1. It will look gorgeous ;)

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That is my exact order in R1S since day 1. It will look gorgeous ;)
Nice! I saw it with El Cap at the Venice center and that pulled me back in to the idea and wondering how it might work with white. Hopefully someone will post pictures before I have to lock in.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Nice! I saw it with El Cap at the Venice center and that pulled me back in to the idea and wondering how it might work with white. Hopefully someone will post pictures before I have to lock in.
Of course taste is subjective but I think the GW/FE is going to look fantastic, and to my eye GW is going to look better with FE than any other exterior color.

I have been GW/OC since day one to get the least solar gain and coolest (temperature) color combination. After I saw the FE interior at the Venice Hub I started wavering. I’d love to see a pic of GW/FE. The wood-colored wood in the FE is hands-down my favorite, green is my favorite color in general, and the green upholstery will probably stay cleaner looking than the nearly-white gray of OC. I also think the GW/FE will almost look a little retro since I can recall cars from the ‘70s with that white exterior and green interior combo, plus a matching green vinyl roof, of course! I like the idea of the throughly modern vehicle with a little retro feel from the color combo.

On the other hand, it’s an extra $2K plus, most importantly to me, I’m afraid it’ll mean I get my R1S earlier. Yeah, I know I’m in the minority here but I placed the order thinking that I wanted to let plenty of others get their trucks first since I’m not desperate for one and I’m content to let others deal with early production issues if they really want to blaze the trail.

I think I’m going to wait for the production OC interiors before I make a final decision since the look of the wood may push me one way or another.

Sponsored

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electric bum
A little disappointed that the GW has no pearl or metallic flakes in it. It's just a plain white with clear coat but I'm partial to white vehicle...

Rivian R1T R1S GLACIER WHITE R1T  Photos 20220528_190451

Rivian R1T R1S GLACIER WHITE R1T  Photos 20220528_173906

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A little disappointed that the GW has no pearl or metallic flakes in it. It's just a plain white with clear coat but I'm partial to white vehicle...

20220528_190451.jpg

20220528_173906.jpg
I love the white. I'm partial to non-metallic colors. Not sure about on the wheels though (for me) - but cool to see everyone getting their trucks and making them their own!

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electric bum
I love the white. I'm partial to non-metallic colors. Not sure about on the wheels though (for me) - but cool to see everyone getting their trucks and making them their own!
The satin white on the rim covers are PeelCoat. They can be peel off anytime when I get tired of them. : )

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The satin white on the rim covers are PeelCoat. They can be peel off anytime when I get tired of them. : )
Yeah I think it’s cool to try things and customize. Points for doing something different.

I have a white 4Runner and got Black rims to customize it a bit and then I realized every white 4Runner I see does the same thing 😂. But I like it so that’s all that matters.
Sponsored