Runamok

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - Quad - Blue - 21s
Clubs

Solid. There are some opportunities here for the aftermarket.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

As long as he doesn't jump any lines 😉

Reactions: Guy

Sponsored

First Name
mfa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, 488, Model X, Honda Clarity, 911, Jeep
Thanks for pointing out the locking/unlocking frustration

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I already knew about the phone key frustration people were having, but watching it happen multiple times during his video really actually annoyed me:headbang:

Good suggestion he had for the reverse camera. No reason it can’t switch to gear guard camera for that.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
I already knew about the phone key frustration people were having, but watching it happen multiple times during his video really actually annoyed me:headbang:

Good suggestion he had for the reverse camera. No reason it can’t switch to gear guard camera for that.
Just FYI, the GG camera functionality is coming in a future update, as stated by Rivian.

Nothing against Marques, as I enjoy his content, but in this particular case most of the stuff he mentions is either already fixed, included in the update next week, or already on the near term roadmap: more vehicle controls in app, dash cam, GG camera for rear view, PAAK improvements are in every OTA. That being said, the average viewer won't know those things. That's more of a point for Rivian, they should provide reviewers with near term fixes/feature updates so that they can avoid those situations (such that they want to make them public). In this case it wasn't dropped off by Rivian for a review, so that may explain why too. But then again, they aren't necessarily needing razor sharp reviews to stimulate demand right now either, so can understand just letting them wing it.

I'm also curious what's causing the significant delay on nav routing, I've never seen that personally, but know others on here have mentioned it. Mine computes the route within seconds whether on WiFi or LTE. He's outside of NY, so not like he's remote in that video. There might be batches of vehicles with underperforming cell components, as I've seen it affect people's experience with things like Alexa and Spotify too.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
As long as he doesn't jump any lines 😉
Hey potentially did.

Based on this video, he took delivery of this Red R1T (advance a few minutes in and he gives a quick update about the R1T). I can't recall from his last Blue R1T video if he put a pre-order in or not. Regardless he was clearly given a chance to jump the line,

EDIT: Advance to about 1:45 in the video
The Hyundai IONIQ 5: I Get It Now! - YouTube

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Just FYI, the GG camera functionality is coming in a future update, as stated by Rivian.

Nothing against Marques, as I enjoy his content, but in this particular case most of the stuff he mentions is either already fixed, included in the update next week, or already on the near term roadmap: more vehicle controls in app, dash cam, GG camera for rear view, PAAK improvements are in every OTA. That being said, the average viewer won't know those things. That's more of a point for Rivian, they should provide reviewers with near term fixes/feature updates so that they can avoid those situations (such that they want to make them public). In this case it wasn't dropped off by Rivian for a review, so that may explain why too. But then again, they aren't necessarily needing razor sharp reviews to stimulate demand right now either, so can understand just letting them wing it.

I'm also curious what's causing the significant delay on nav routing, I've never seen that personally, but know others on here have mentioned it. Mine computes the route within seconds whether on WiFi or LTE. He's outside of NY, so not like he's remote in that video. There might be batches of vehicles with underperforming cell components, as I've seen it affect people's experience with things like Alexa and Spotify too.
Yeah I did notice that some of the stuff he mentioned I had heard here in the forums was already in the works. Still good (for owners) that someone who gets lots of views can call attention to things that need improvement. I’m sure he will post more reviews in the future.

I noticed on my demo drive last month that it took a bit for the nav route to load a pretty simple 3 hour highway trip, but I just figured it was because it’s calculating charging/ range, etc into the plan as well. Wasn’t a dealbreaker for me - I need more reasons to slow down in my week LOL.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I agree....very impressed with this content and production!

His experience with PAK is same as mine. I often get asked about the truck in parking lots and it just keeps locking and unlocking while talking to someone. And same with loading things into it. Put phone in pocket, get ready to open rear gate....and tweet tweet....truck is locked. Infuriating actually!

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Come on now - he definitely jumped the line...

I like the quick update video...he's nitpicking quite a bit but a lot of his callouts are going to get fixed via software updates.

I believe Rivian is going to set itself apart from the less costlier 3 row EV SUVs coming in 2023 from its interior - looks very well made!

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Nothing against Marques, as I enjoy his content, but in this particular case most of the stuff he mentions is either already fixed, included in the update next week, or already on the near term roadmap: more vehicle controls in app, dash cam, GG camera for rear view, PAAK improvements are in every OTA.
In some of his other videos, I have heard him to basically say "buy what the product is now, not what it could be, or what the manufacturer promises it will be through future software updates." All someone can do, realistically, is review the product as it stands now. He does mention that Rivian can and has done updates.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
In some of his other videos, I have heard him to basically say "buy what the product is now, not what it could be, or what the manufacturer promises it will be through future software updates." All someone can do, realistically, is review the product as it stands now. He does mention that Rivian can and has done updates.
Yeah, to be clear I'm not knocking the review, just pointing out for people following along that several of the things he mentions are in fact coming in the not distant future.
Sponsored