Ordered my Ford Lighting today

jphillips97

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
More expensive than the Rivian, but at this point, I have more faith in Ford as a company....... Ordered today expected delivery in Spring 23.... Realistically probably summer of 23.... I originally like the Ford better anyway and talked myself into the Rivian..... I have now come full circle.....
Sponsored

Bigeasy70075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tundra, Wrangler
Never thought it would really happen but I think I may get my cybertruck before Rivian is ready to sell me an R1T

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
More expensive than the Rivian, but at this point, I have more faith in Ford as a company....... Ordered today expected delivery in Spring 23.... Realistically probably summer of 23.... I originally like the Ford better anyway and talked myself into the Rivian..... I have now come full circle.....
Lightning is a great truck. Iā€™m sure it will make you happy!

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
When they do enter production they will catch up and they will not restrict delivery based on location.
Probably true. Assuming it isnā€™t delayed again.

Sponsored

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I donā€™t get it, when all of us ordered these they said it would be a long time. We put down a refundable deposit and that was that ā€¦ other than large pack folks ā€¦ how is anyone surprised? Meanwhile Ford took thousands of peopleā€™s deposits for a $40k truck that became an $80k truck (you canā€™t buy anything other than Lariat/Limited) and thatā€™s more trustworthy. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

OP
OP

jphillips97

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
I donā€™t get it, when all of us ordered these they said it would be a long time. We put down a refundable deposit and that was that ā€¦ other than large pack folks ā€¦ how is anyone surprised? Meanwhile Ford took thousands of peopleā€™s deposits for a $40k truck that became an $80k truck (you canā€™t buy anything other than Lariat/Limited) and thatā€™s more trustworthy. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
For me it is the fact that they cannot give me an estimate bas on "service center plans" but they have no plans for a service center near me.... At some point you have to cut bait.....

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
For me it is the fact that they cannot give me an estimate bas on "service center plans" but they have no plans for a service center near me.... At some point you have to cut bait.....
I can see that being frustrating, hope you enjoy your Lightning.

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
I currently drive a loaded Lariat. Got about 650 + miles from the one tank on my trip from LA County, to Big Bear and then to Mammoth. Finally put gas so we could go backward through death valley on the way to Vegas and home to LA County. All that on two tanks. Not one warranty issue, no turtle mode, computer resets, burned scalp, or glitches with my Carplay.

A few weeks later, my neighbor who again works for Rivian, brought home a long range tester Lightning Platinum. He took me for a spin and I'll admit, I'm biased, so I really enjoyed the familiarity of the Ford truck. It was super fast and was decently comfortable. A little lofty, like a cadillac. My neighbor admitted, if the Rivian he had ordered wasn't for his wife, he thinks the Ford would be more practical as a truck.

I'm kinda in the same boat, I love the Rivian, but I'll be honest and say that the R1S I ordered is for my wife. I'll still keep an ICE vehicle or vehicles for a while and enjoy driving her car every chance I get. What am I talking about, I'm an October 2021 reservation holder, so I'm probably never getting it anyway. Meanwhile, I have a line on a Mach-E to hold her over.

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Did you have a previous reservation or are you saying you started cold and they are telling you Spring ā€˜23?
Sponsored