Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
R1S LE/ECG/BM/22/UBP
Occupation
Selfmade
As a shareholder I understand.

As a reservation holder I would like them to go in order.

does anybody care to listen or reach out from Rivian? Nope so write whatever they aren’t listening to the enthusiasts
Sponsored

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
As a shareholder I understand.

As a reservation holder I would like them to go in order.

does anybody care to listen or reach out from Rivian? Nope so write whatever they aren’t listening to the enthusiasts
Rivian never comments on items like this. All they do is reiterate the talking points identified in the website like posted earlier in the thread.

Their preorder prioritization process is, was, and will likely forever be garbage. They also don't want to provide specifics that would potentially point out why or take any sort of public steps toward correcting the issue. That is the real story here.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Already been posted. Have you cancelled yet?

Sponsored

Evel Knievel

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Tacoma, 2019 AMG GTc
Occupation
Businessman.
I think you maybe right, and the Business Insider article accurate. My updated delivery window for an RIT ordered July 2020, w quad motor, and the rest is now slated for July-December 2024 which is a change from January-July 2022. I understand there is many factors that may influence this delivery such as the opening of a Rivian Service Centre in the Toronto area, however this seems to an excessive delay, as the Service Centre is scheduled to open this year possibly by July 2023. I just ordered a R1S, at the new pricing, will be interesting to see what my delivery window is for that vehicle.

PaulPlacerCounty

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 and Subaru Outback
Occupation
Retired Attorney
Oh boy...

• Rivian has angered its early customers yet again with updated delivery dates this week.
  • Rivian raised its vehicle prices last year and faced backlash.
  • Now it seems the automaker is prioritizing delivery of its more expensive vehicles first.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...sedgntp&cvid=6eba440ea905470481eb5681df188117
The article which seems to form the basis of this post states that the theme -- order priority favoring post March 1 2022 orders -- appears . . . "appears" . . . to be occurring, and that this "appears" is based on Twitter posts and opinions on forums.

Twitter and forum posts? Really? This is what upon which we're to base conclusions?

The closest the writer comes to a fact-based statement is when stating that this was also based on ". . . orders reviewed directly by Insider".

But how many orders; two or three or a dozen? And for what order date, for what configuration, and from whence were these reviewed orders obtained?

This is really just a journalist expressing . . . or really repeating . . . speculation and opinion.

Hardly anything approaching evidence upon which to base any responsible conclusion.

In his stage act, the late Will Rogers was famous for saying, "All I know is what I read in the papers." And the line always got a huge laugh from the audience for the joke that statement was.

I'm anxious and frustrated and tired of waiting, and I haven't been in line nearly as long as most of you. But would we not be better served by something with a demonstrable basis in fact?

People are saying there's a monster under the bed.

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
I am pre price hike with an R1T in the garage, maybe I can get a clickbait article, “Rivian doesn’t like cash as provided my too low priced truck, Shareholders pissed.”

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Rivian R1T R1S "Rivian orders placed after 20% price hike appear to jump the line" 1675397666669

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
Delivery timeline has always been pretty closely related to distance from SC. It was the same song and dance for the R1T. I’m a post march reservation holder and I’m still Jan-July 2024 whereas before I was just “2024”. They’re not going to go in sequential order from preorder date, we learned that with the R1T. Article is just trying to get clicks on something that has been known for a long time now.
I definitely got skipped over for post price increase orders as people from this very forum confirmed (delivery tracking sheet), we were equal distances from a SC so there was definitely something more going on than just the SC proximity giving way to priority.

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
I definitely got skipped over for post price increase orders as people from this very forum confirmed (delivery tracking sheet), we were equal distances from a SC so there was definitely something more going on than just the SC proximity giving way to priority.
I suggest giving it a week and then contacting Rivian to complain that your order has not been handled according to their announced criteria.
Sponsored