Customer Service Agent for EV Sportline / Team 1EV

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
NY_Rob, sorry for the experience here! Definitely happy to replace the part or take it back, whatever is best for you. Apologies for the delay in response, I was out of the office at the doctor yesterday and Brooke just returned from her trip. We are a small company, so it may take a day or two sometimes to reply. The weight of the jack bouncing around in the case via shipping is not a very forgiving situation, so we are looking at ways to improve that.

The o-ring serves one very minor purpose, to keep the puck from jiggling around when it is just sitting on the jack post. The o-ring is simply for perception, it has not real function purpose. The instant the jack has any load on it, the puck is firm on the jack post and the o-ring is meaningless. A little touch of WD-40 on the o-ring and it will slide smoother, if you like. Or don't use the o-ring at all, it won't matter.

On the handle, I will look to find you a little rubber cap - happy to help!
Rivian R1T R1S Customer Service Agent for EV Sportline / Team 1EV 97752801-BEF9-45E3-BBBD-AC7A050BA268
Rivian R1T R1S Customer Service Agent for EV Sportline / Team 1EV ED24995B-C18A-4B65-A0E1-CD67BC6212C7
My Jack arrived today as well with the case broken. Im actually fine with the Jack and the extention itself, but I would like to request a new case please and yes I’ll take a soft handle for the tube please. Brian.
Sponsored

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

97752801-BEF9-45E3-BBBD-AC7A050BA268.jpeg
ED24995B-C18A-4B65-A0E1-CD67BC6212C7.jpeg
My Jack arrived today as well with the case broken. Im actually fine with the Jack and the extention itself, but I would like to request a new case please and yes I’ll take a soft handle for the tube please. Brian.

Guys, new cases in the works - better ABS material! Standby, we'll get you fixed up. Sorry about that! Same with the handle soft tip - sourced and inbound too. Just PM me and I will get you fixed!

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Excellent.. thanks very much for the response....

A replacement case is the most important item at this point as I am planning on storing the kit under one of the rear seats if it fits and I need a non-broken case in case the jack leaks oil.

Regarding the O-ring.. are you saying once you start jacking the vehicle it slides inside the billet? Because if you look at my photos, it's too large to fit inside the billet bore hole. It just seems to crush when the billet sits atop the jack?

1679009507820.png
NY_Rob, see if this helps:

Rivian R1T R1S Customer Service Agent for EV Sportline / Team 1EV Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 10.45.23 AM

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

NY_Rob, sorry for the experience here! Definitely happy to replace the part or take it back, whatever is best for you. Apologies for the delay in response, I was out of the office at the doctor yesterday and Brooke just returned from her trip. We are a small company, so it may take a day or two sometimes to reply. The weight of the jack bouncing around in the case via shipping is not a very forgiving situation, so we are looking at ways to improve that.

The o-ring serves one very minor purpose, to keep the puck from jiggling around when it is just sitting on the jack post. The o-ring is simply for perception, it has not real function purpose. The instant the jack has any load on it, the puck is firm on the jack post and the o-ring is meaningless. A little touch of WD-40 on the o-ring and it will slide smoother, if you like. Or don't use the o-ring at all, it won't matter.

Mine arrived the the same condition. The case broke in several places. Is it possible to get a replacement case sent out? Otherwise it’s a keeper. Thanks.

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Mine arrived the the same condition. The case broke in several places. Is it possible to get a replacement case sent out? Otherwise it’s a keeper. Thanks.
Yes for sure, sorry about that - we'll swap you out a new case! @BrookeRRiv please set him up!

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
NY_Rob, see if this helps:

Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 10.45.23 AM.png
Ahhhhh, okay.. that's the ticket!!

So extend the threaded portion till it's up against the upper end of the billet bore.

Got it, thanks!

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Seems like the case is the weakest link, it's super flimsy and the plastic is very brittle. I'm thinking EV Sportline's sample product case from the manufacturer was not like that?

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Seems like the case is the weakest link, it's super flimsy and the plastic is very brittle. I'm thinking EV Sportline's sample product case from the manufacturer was not like that?
Correct! - we'll replace the case! Working on it, Brooke will put an order in for you on the case!

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Correct! - we'll replace the case! Working on it, Brooke will put an order in for you on the case!
Thanks, Brooke has already sent me an email regarding securing a new case for me along with a hand grip for the jack handle!

Last edited:

Sponsored

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Let me know what you find, I noted the same when I received mine. You guys took care of another issue I emailed you about already for me 🙂 A handle grip would be a great finish.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Could probably just whip something up on the 3D printer if I had a spool of TPU sitting around.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Anyone else receive a replacement case? I haven’t heard back from the vendor. Not complaining. They are usually very responsive.
I got an email from Brooke on the 17th: "We are in the process of getting you a new case and the rubber cap. "

Then an "order confirmation" email on the 21st for a "Replacement Jack Case & Soft Tip for Handle Ă— 1" but no tracking number as of yet.

I don't think they actually have the replacement cases yet?
Sponsored