Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

That makes sense. Wish they would have checked that before now, but I’m glad they finally found it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Glad they finally root-caused this for you.

Reminds me of my E46 BMW ZHP. 3 sets of lifters, 2 sets of cams … and it turned out to be a bunk VANOS.
That makes sense. Wish they would have checked that before now, but I’m glad they finally found it.
I wouldn't classify this as a persistent problem. This latest leveling failure is just another of many issues I have had with the suspension that were not necessarily related. They had also changed the compressor before after the failure I had last summer on the WA BDR but I can't say I know whether they changed the exhaust line before.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

I wouldn't classify this as a persistent problem. This latest leveling failure is just another of many issues I have had with the suspension that were not necessarily related. They had also changed the compressor before after the failure I had last summer on the WA BDR but I can't say I know whether they changed the exhaust line before.
Well, let’s hope it was something that simple that might solve multiple issues. Seems unlikely but who knows.

When I saw the pic on the first page of this thread with your truck sitting there sloped to one side I almost made a joke about Kooper needing to go on a diet, but I figured it was too soon🫠

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

When I saw the pic on the first page of this thread with your truck sitting there sloped to one side I almost made a joke about Kooper needing to go on a diet, but I figured it was too soon🫠
Well I don’t know about a diet but maybe because he’s ripped 💪💪

Rivian R1T R1S Suspension is broke… AGAIN IMG_5068

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

11/30 Update

Dropped off at PDX service on Tuesday morning. Today after reviewing event logs they have confirmed that a blockage on the compressor exhaust is what caused the fault. They are planning on replacing the compressor and the exhaust line. They are also trying to determine if there is a leak that caused the compressor blockage.
So did the exhaust port freeze over? Wonder if they don't have a PRV on the exhaust line. Normal operation you'd never expect to need one. But having one would mostly eliminate the possibility of blockage due to freeze.

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

To close this up I got my truck back today. They replaced the compressor and the exhaust/intake line and all related components. They confirmed again that the exhaust was frozen, their best guess was something due to some oxidation and the desiccant not being able to keep up.

Looking at my receipts I see that all parts are warrantied for 2 years from install. Since they basically replaced my whole suspension again in the last month I guess my suspension is mostly covered for another two years 🤷‍♂️

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

Hope you don’t have to see the service center again for a long time🤞🏼

seatosummit

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '87 LJ70, 73' Porsche 914 (EV Conversion)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

Hmm good to know. I don't follow the 200 forum on mud since I have a 120 and a 90 before that. Times change I guess but a scanner lives in my truck as well.
Ya, this is surprising to me also. My 70 series is eastern euro poverty pack spec with precisely zero intelligence. Ironic, given my profession as an embedded engineer that this would be preferable, but from a reliability perspective it absolutely is.

Sorry about all of this, Josh. Seems like a major PITA.

seatosummit

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

Is the desiccant user serviceable in our trucks? Thinking about post warranty serviceability of what sounds like an achilles heal.

I've (knock wood) avoided any suspension related errors 30k miles in, but am bummed to see that they are evidently common based on comments in this thread.

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Is the desiccant user serviceable in our trucks? Thinking about post warranty serviceability of what sounds like an achilles heal.

I've (knock wood) avoided any suspension related errors 30k miles in, but am bummed to see that they are evidently common based on comments in this thread.
I wouldn’t say it’s common. That implies the majority of trucks have a suspension issue.

seatosummit

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

I wouldn’t say it’s common. That implies the majority of trucks have a suspension issue.
Happy to walk that back to "more common than I was aware".

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Ya, this is surprising to me also. My 70 series is eastern euro poverty pack spec with precisely zero intelligence. Ironic, given my profession as an embedded engineer that this would be preferable, but from a reliability perspective it absolutely is.

Sorry about all of this, Josh. Seems like a major PITA.
It's amazing they still make a 78 overseas. Our yellow 40 is long gone. I still dream about seeing it on the road and buying it back from that guy in La Cañada. Maybe I should have gotten compass yellow.

seatosummit

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

It's amazing they still make a 78 overseas. Our yellow 40 is long gone. I still dream about seeing it on the road and buying it back from that guy in La Cañada. Maybe I should have gotten compass yellow.
I know that feeling so well. I sold my tan '78 BJ40 to a guy in Buellton and I regretted it like a week after I parted from it. I still think about tracking him down.

I love the mustard yellow. That is what started it all for me. My best friend in high school salvaged an '82 FJ40 in mustard yellow that we spent a summer restoring. I was addicted after that and have had several 40s, 80s and now a 70. I wish we could buy the modern 70 series here.

I like Rivian compass yellow, but I prefer the more muted mustard yellow of the vintage LCs.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

I was in the Gold Coast Cruisers Ventura for a lot of years. Kinda the father of TLCA.
Sponsored