Sponsored

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Those asking for more things…you realize Wassym has said, they’ll continue to send updates once a month. Things are coming…
Sponsored

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Anybody knows whats the target battery temp that the preconditioning is shooting for?
Here's a curve for what lithium batteries like. Charging and discharging are essentially the same functionality.
Rivian R1T R1S OTA 2023.50.01 Software is Out! (w/ departure & preconditioning scheduling)! Range v Tem

Also, doesn't sound like vampire drain got worse for anyone so safe to install, albeit not better for some. Seems like .38 was ok.

Last edited:

DCRiv

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I think I’m the only one in America that hasn’t received the update yet.
Just got an email FROM Rivian touting the new features that will stop the ridiculous vampire drain I’m experiencing…run to check the app and 1S and all I get is “You’re Up To Date with Version 2023.46.0”

Email was a total c$cktease 😖

Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
LOL. Chillax. Want to guess the last time I got an update notification for the buggy software on my Toyota? NEVER.

2023.50.1 has only been out for a few days. You WILL get it, And you WILL like it.

ElGuapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - April 2021 preorder
I got it tonight. Got email from Rivian about great new software and I checked the app 30 minutes later and sure enough, it was ready. But I had to check, it didn’t push a notification to me. I am sure it would have were I patient!

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Cyber Security
I just received the update as well, R1S. Installing now.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Just got an email FROM Rivian touting the new features that will stop the ridiculous vampire drain I’m experiencing…run to check the app and 1S and all I get is “You’re Up To Date with Version 2023.46.0”

Email was a total c$cktease 😖
It seems like it takes a week to 10 days for everyone to get the randomly dispersed update. I don't have it yet, and I'm happy letting others install it before me and verify that there are no issues with it.

Sponsored

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

Just a simple notify service that monitors the software state.
IMG_0482.jpeg
Thanks very new to home assistant but loving the integration with Rivian

Glembi2

First Name
Glembi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis GV70, Civic, & Mazda3
Occupation
Patent attorney
Clubs

… It’s not a huge deal but just a bit of an oversight that has me baffled. I assume most can’t hear it since most people are borderline deaf once they hit their 20’s.
Bingo! That’s me. I don’t hear the static so it doesn’t bother me. Same thing with the non-Meridian sound system. I probably could not hear the difference.

I would like a way to pipe in the low frequency growl of a Harley when at idle and a high reving McLaren when accelerating. It would save me from having to make the sounds myself.

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

Yes. The throttle mapping feels more like a Tesla now. That's a good thing.
😊
It was stated it was only for reverse or whatever it feels like it's a change to the overall mapping and all for the better

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Thanks very new to home assistant but loving the integration with Rivian
You could also use official integrations with your router to monitor network traffic as well.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I understand getting the battery heating started this early but, 1 hour prior seems excessive to warm the cabin and surfaces. I was thinking more in the neighborhood of 10-15 minutes prior.
As I've said before, even with very early versions I saw my truck running floor heaters when it was cold outside. At my in-laws last February on my subzero road trip, I jumped in once with a 25°F garage and all the floor heaters were running. I previously turned off climate so it definitely uses resistive heater to boost battery temp.
Sponsored