Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Good lord, no one has remotely asked for 20-30 cup holders. Four total, and two of which are not accessible if the middle seat is occupied, is very low for a five passenger vehicle. Ask for more than 2-4 and somehow that means you want 20?

“The middle seat won’t be used.” Speak for yourself. I’ll have a car seat there, which means there’s only two cup holders in the whole truck. The door pockets cannot hold a drink cup, only certain sized sealed bottles.

“If you want cup holders get a minivan.” Since when are cup holders a minivan-exclusive feature?

I really can’t roll my eyes hard enough at some of you. If you don’t care about the cup holders that’s fine. Why do you feel the need to shit on those of us that do?
You could always get a few of these!!!!!! ?
Rivian R1T R1S ? First non-Rivian employee delivery - to owner in NYC!! [Updated with Owner's Q&A, Info, Feedback] 1639589844868
Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I hate that I'm taking the bait, but here we are. How many cupholders are in your X5? I am genuinely curious and wasn't able to find the answer via a quick Google. If it's anything less than 7, I will be stunned.
Just made an official feature request to XenTR (developers of this forum software) for filtering out posts with "cupholder" and "cup holder".

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X Plaid, 2004 s2000, Huracan Evo, +
I was no joke looking at those earlier. Between these, the garage door and gate remotes, and the suction-cup phone mount this minimalist 2022 truck interior is going to look a lot like a 90s interior.
Remains to be seen what the Garage door opener functionality is. When I get the update I'll be sure to post.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Remains to be seen what the Garage door opener functionality is. When I get the update I'll be sure to post.
I appreciate it! I tried getting answers from CS about the actual hardware capabilities, but they just kept repeating the line about it coming in an OTA update. Software won't change the hardware, however, so knowing if RF is supported should be something they can answer today. Not sure why they won't.

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I appreciate it! I tried getting answers from CS about the actual hardware capabilities, but they just kept repeating the line about it coming in an OTA update. Software won't change the hardware, however, so knowing if RF is supported should be something they can answer today. Not sure why they won't.
My garage door opener is really old so if there's no RF I'll buy one of those add ons that make it a "Smart opener." For the whole cupholder thing my kids car seat has one and wife and dog bottles go into the door cubbies.

Sponsored

CMR

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes AMG E53 cabriolet, BMW X3
Occupation
Physician
I very much appreciate the levelheadedness. Also thank you for your service.
Hi Iwanatesla,

I’m a fellow New Yorker with an R1T order in the same configuration as your new delivery. I was vacillating on the color, but after seeing your photos, I am definitely sticking with El Cap with Black Mountain. It looks great.

When you are able, please let us know about your driving range and how fast the batteries charge. I’m really interested in that information.

But please keep any information pertaining to the cupholders to yourself.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
My garage door opener is really old so if there's no RF I'll buy one of those add ons that make it a "Smart opener."
That's what I've got right now. It's not a perfect fix (I have some quibbles with it, such as requiring a PIN to open via voice command). But it works.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
My garage door opener is really old so if there's no RF I'll buy one of those add ons that make it a "Smart opener." For the whole cupholder thing my kids car seat has one and wife and dog bottles go into the door cubbies.
Yeah, I have MyQ, but it's not always reliable (lots of variables with the network connectivity). I tend to use HomeLink since the RF is so reliable. Also the gates I use require RF. They aren't internet-connected.

Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Thanks for all the info!

Curious if your app is now functioning and populated with real data? Can you pre-condition and initiate a charge with the app? Any window controls or Gear guard info on the app??

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
What are we looking at here?
This is the spare tire compartment with no tire ordered. It has a removable spacer - this breaks up the compartment so that there isn't enough room for a human (which would then trigger the requirement for an emergency release button).

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for all the info!

Curious if your app is now functioning and populated with real data? Can you pre-condition and initiate a charge with the app? Any window controls or Gear guard info on the app??
It is. I can precondition. Haven't charged yet as I need to run this thing down! No windows or gear guard yet.

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

This is the spare tire compartment with no tire ordered. It has a removable spacer - this breaks up the compartment so that there isn't enough room for a human (which would then trigger the requirement for an emergency release button).
Ah, thanks. Looks like there is some sort of instrument gauge on the think between the "T" spacer. wonder what that's all about?
Sponsored