Costco Run in R1T

Blakeney

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ram 1500 Limited, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Hey all, just wanted to start a thread regarding the R1T bed. I totally dig how they handle the hinges in the tail gate BUT much like trying to lean over to pull out the spare tire, I was thinking…

Hey, how the hell are you supposed to get your groceries out of that thing?? I have a full size truck and have a hard enough time with mine but also due to having aRam my tail gate splits 60/40 it we LOVE it!!!

I had seen some patents floating around about a multifunction tailgate for the R1T some day, but right now my question is,

what’s it like trying to pull things out of the bed with how the tail gate extends further when down than a traditional truck bed.
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Drop the suspension to its lowest height and bed side reach over isn’t nearly as bad as a conventional 4x4 pickup

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
I was looking for more funny answers and found this and now I want one:

Sponsored

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
I can’t understand how manufacturers haven’t copied the Ridgeline tailgate. It’s SO convenient to open it to the side to unload. I guess the biggest hurdle is it would mean truck makers would have to admit Honda did something right. ;)

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was looking for more funny answers and found this and now I want one:
Dream with me: one of those mounted on a platform lashed to the four D rings in the bed, on a telescoping pillar to get height. Running off the air compressor. Boom done amazing.

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
SMHL! What a First World Problem! How did I ever survive with full size tailgates on my vehicles the past 30 years?

Rivian R1T R1S Costco Run in R1T 1647660181863

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SMHL! What a First World Problem! How did I ever survive with full size tailgates on my vehicles the past 30 years?

1647660181863.png
@Zoidz have you worked with those manipulator systems? I’m now daydreaming about mounting one(see my post a couple up thread) ?

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
Hey all, just wanted to start a thread regarding the R1T bed. I totally dig how they handle the hinges in the tail gate BUT much like trying to lean over to pull out the spare tire, I was thinking…

Hey, how the hell are you supposed to get your groceries out of that thing?? I have a full size truck and have a hard enough time with mine but also due to having aRam my tail gate splits 60/40 it we LOVE it!!!

I had seen some patents floating around about a multifunction tailgate for the R1T some day, but right now my question is,

what’s it like trying to pull things out of the bed with how the tail gate extends further when down than a traditional truck bed.
I bought a hook I believe from pep boys that works great for getting things out of the truck bed. I don't know how to take a picture and post it here, but is perfect!

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
@Zoidz have you worked with those manipulator systems? I’m now daydreaming about mounting one(see my post a couple up thread) ?
I haven't personally worked with one, but we've used subcontractors to spec/install systems like that. I have more hands on experience with bottle/can fillers, case packers and layer palletizers/depalletizers.

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

I just went to Costco tonight in my R1T and happened across a fellow forum member :) Even at just 5'7" with the truck at standard height I can reach items along the sides. I had one item settle in the middle back and just used the gear tunnel door to hop up and push it out. Easy peasy.
Sponsored