Sponsored

richpike

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover D5, Jeep JL, R1S
I’ve searched and searched and can’t find a definitive answer - hoping since you sat in one you can help. Rivian says the LE has heated and ventilated “seats” - does that include heated/ventilated on the 2nd row? Thanks.

-Rich
Sponsored

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I’ve searched and searched and can’t find a definitive answer - hoping since you sat in one you can help. Rivian says the LE has heated and ventilated “seats” - does that include heated/ventilated on the 2nd row? Thanks.

-Rich
Front seats are heated and ventilated. Rear seats are heated.

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I went there this past weekend. Some pictures/comments below. I didn't include any photos where it is the same as the R1T (front end, frunk, etc).

If you have any specific questions, let me know and I can try my best to answer. Although I'm sure a lot of folks came here already.

Rear/side shot. You can easily see how the R1S is approximately 17" shorter than the R1T. There is still plenty of room inside.

This is the Rivian Blue color on 22" Sport Brights on the lowest suspension setting. Coincidentally, this is the exact spec I ordered.

Rivian R1T R1S Video: Met the Rivian R1S... at Venice Hub Event 090F4377-A385-47E2-ABDB-0F709C39C220

If you're interested, I spoke to a few people about having the top hatch closed while the bottom liftgate piece is open. They said not recommended. I could pull the top down but there was resistance. I did it about 5 inches then figured I probably shouldn't :p.

For reference, my BMW X5M is similar. Has resistance but you're able to manually do it and the manual says you can. I can leave the little liftgate down and close the hatch for long items to stick out.

Regarding 3rd row seating:
- I'm 5'10" and with the 2nd row seats all the way back (and reclined) to where a person would be comfortable, I had 2-3" of room in front of my knees.
- The pillar vents in the 3rd row are nice and strong.
- The 3rd row has heated seats, but no ventilated seats (that's what the guy said when I asked) although there was no control in the 3rd row. Maybe it is controlled in the front.

Rivian R1T R1S Video: Met the Rivian R1S... at Venice Hub Event AF95E78F-91D3-4046-B838-A5D94F6334ED

Lowest setting tucks the wheel a bit. The 22" wheels and tires are very large in person.

Rivian R1T R1S Video: Met the Rivian R1S... at Venice Hub Event E1C0128E-C263-4D29-9B06-76BBA8268CD4

The green color. I think this was Launch green. The Forest Green is darker.

Rivian R1T R1S Video: Met the Rivian R1S... at Venice Hub Event 24F67021-2F81-48B7-8659-2E04B742C6F7

TONS of room in the rear. That tray in the front lifts up to reveal a few cubbies for cables and whatnot. If you lift that, there's a very deep area normally for the spare tire if you have one. Otherwise, it is a ton of extra storage.

You cannot fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood in between the two armrests. I'm sure you all know that by now. But if you put some protective cloth down, it'll fit in there.

Rivian R1T R1S Video: Met the Rivian R1S... at Venice Hub Event 1EDA8292-92E2-4E59-B92E-ED811FFB3B99

BTW if you're 34" tall, you have plenty of 2nd row leg room. :p

Rivian R1T R1S Video: Met the Rivian R1S... at Venice Hub Event AA0B1DBC-6FA6-4F26-AB3A-27843340B566

Last edited:

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

-Rich
Great ventilation by the way!!!!

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Has anyone happened to notice if the subwoofer cover in the rear cargo area is rigid and seemingly dog-proof?

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Has anyone happened to notice if the subwoofer cover in the rear cargo area is rigid and seemingly dog-proof?
Are you asking if it is a fabric that you can push in/rip vs. a hard speaker grill?

It is the latter. I'd be more worried about dogs scratching the "leather" surfaces vs. that speaker grill.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Are you asking if it is a fabric that you can push in/rip vs. a hard speaker grill?

It is the latter. I'd be more worried about dogs scratching the "leather" surfaces vs. that speaker grill.
Correct. I wasn't expecting a cloth grill but wanted to confirm. Thanks! Leather I can easily cover/protect but would prefer not to block off the sub.
Sponsored