Sponsored

Which color will age well?

R1Sfamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw
I have been having such a hard time staying with one color for the r1s. Was able to see some in person at the service center and really loved the forest green.

Wife thinks the green might not age well and interested what others think. Currently configured for GW/OC but was previously El cap/OC.
Sponsored

Last edited:

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
All of them.

forest green is timeless

Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
All colors can look awesome, it depends on the car. I think the Rivian Blue will look classic/cool like it does on Porsches or even Range Rovers (see below). Green on trucks and SUVs looks great period. Posted some classic cars that look amazing in colors. As far as safer colors like silver, white, grey etc. Every time I look out on the freeway thats about 95% of cars these days. Rivian is the perfect car to have in a pop of color, I never liked red or yellow cars unless on super cars, and they look amazing on Rivians in person.

Rivian R1T R1S Which color will age well? depositphotos_224694224-stock-photo-classic-blue-porsche-911-sports

Rivian R1T R1S Which color will age well? 5b55a58953fcd074a335efd3

Rivian R1T R1S Which color will age well? land_rover-1992-20191102223247-8

Rivian R1T R1S Which color will age well? Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 8.00.34 PM

Last edited:

sierraskier

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Earthroamer, Rivian R1T x 2, KTM 300 XCW
The more neutral colors, that seem boring now, will always age better: el cap, silver, white (in my personal order)

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

While white isn't the most exciting color - in fact it is not a color at all but rather a lack of color - it will 100% age best.

White hides imperfections in paint, including scratches and swirls. Because the GW that Rivian uses does not have a metallic flake in it, it will be easier to match if you need to do touch-up repair.

White is also the safest color from a visibility standpoint. It also will provide the most heat rejection in hot climates saving energy by requiring less A/C.

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
To provide a contrasting opinion: When the paint is very neutral I tend to find myself noticing other things like body style, wheels, condition, etc. more, which can make some cars look older, whereas with non-neutral colors I tend to notice the color itself more. In that case, as long as the color is good (which I think all of the Rivian colors are), the more vibrant vehicles hold up better.

Personally, I think you should just get the color you like the most (green in this case). Besides, unless you're the type of person to keep a new vehicle for 10+ years, I don't think much perceived aging will happen anyway. And if you are, then you'll probably be the only person to ever own this vehicle in which case only your opinion matters.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model Y
White!
I keep switching between white and limestone. Cars I’ve owned have always been a grayscale color because they tend to age well. Limestone is the trend right now but don’t know it will age as well as dark grey or white.

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Gray, silver, and white. In that order. At least that's been my experience as I've aged! :crying:

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Oddly cars in colors are claimed to have higher resale. The resale risk in Rivian is Forest Edge (which I do not dislike)

All colors can look awesome, it depends on the car. I think the Rivian Blue will look classic/cool like it does on Porsches or even Range Rovers (see below). .......
Unfortunately Rivian Blue is not Porsche's Shark Blue. Today's Porsche color are superior to Rivian's choices.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
The most popular car colors are shades of white to black. Incredibly boring, but that's what people buy and also mostly what manufacturers produce. Rivian has great colors and I think you will never regret going with a color over something boring and "safe".

Go with Green or Blue and you'll smile every time you see your car poking out in a parking lot that is a sea of gray.

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/10/c...ite-and-black-remain-popular-with-car-buyers/
Sponsored