First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & 19' GX460
Occupation
Real Estate
Improved automatic humidity control to help keep the cabin more comfortable.
Is this the annoying feature that keeps turning off recirculation while I'm driving past the horrid smelling mushroom farm on my commute?! Lord I hope they give me back control of the aircon instead of some sensor that's suppose to know better. If I could find that sensor, I would disable it in a second. Three cheers for continuous improvements via OTA!
Sponsored

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
Hopefully, the forthcoming update will not have any negative bugs that affect vehicle systems just before the holiday road tripping that will likely be part of visiting relatives - many of which are excited to see Rivians.

There is a big risk to pushing an update out just as we all scramble about further away from home!

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Hopefully, the forthcoming update will not have any negative bugs that affect vehicle systems just before the holiday road tripping that will likely be part of visiting relatives - many of which are excited to see Rivians.

There is a big risk to pushing an update out just as we all scramble about further away from home!
You're not obligated to apply an update if you are that worried about it.

Clovis

First Name
M@
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The updates make the new car experience continuous. I've autocrossed and tuned cars for 26+ years. This is my first truck and there is little to modify, in a conventional sense. So, seeing suspension tweaks in updates is overly exciting to me.

Sponsored

Taysh831

First Name
Ritesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Is this the annoying feature that keeps turning off recirculation while I'm driving past the horrid smelling mushroom farm on my commute?! Lord I hope they give me back control of the aircon instead of some sensor that's suppose to know better. If I could find that sensor, I would disable it in a second. Three cheers for continuous improvements via OTA!
Omg I thought I was the only one. Yes this is my exact issue on my daily commute. Really hope it is fixed. Rivian has a service ticket about it but no movement on it to date.

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
The updates make the new car experience continuous. I've autocrossed and tuned cars for 26+ years. This is my first truck and there is little to modify, in a conventional sense. So, seeing suspension tweaks in updates is overly exciting to me.
Right there with you Brother! Well said!

I am picking up a set of 20" Dark Wheels and having them installed on Monday. This scratches the "mod-itch" a bit but I'm hoping they allow the owner to set tire size on our own soon...then I can swap in my garage.

Take care and Merry Christmas!

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V

Since it is not out yet, I doubt the update will be available before January. Lot of engineers are possibly on vacation and Rivian possibly won’t take risk to irate customers with buggy update during holiday time.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Me too! It's not like I can put an exhaust system, under drive pulley on super charger, cold air intake, short shifter, custom tune....in the thing. So OTA is my fix!

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
I do not disagree with this my pushback is against those that say "overwhelming everyone wants apple" (I'm paraphrasing) considering there are more android devices then apple in the wild I would be hard pressed to say the majority of Rivian owners are apple users.... however I admit I could be wrong.
Ehhh, statistically, more financially well-off people own iPhones and less well-off people own Android phones. If you're not financially well-off, you're not buying a Rivian. So while Android is super popular worldwide, I think the majority of owners of a Rivian also have iPhones.

that said, I still don't want CarPlay, I just want Apple Music integrated. I own all the Apple ecosystem crap and have an iCloud account that gives me Apple TV and Apple Music, which is why I'd love It available in the car. HiFi music and no additional subscription. I'd cancel Spotify in a second if Apple Music were an option. Shoot, even with Tidal coming, I may make the change

Sponsored

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Ehhh, statistically, more financially well-off people own iPhones and less well-off people own Android phones. If you're not financially well-off, you're not buying a Rivian. So while Android is super popular worldwide, I think the majority of owners of a Rivian also have iPhones.

that said, I still don't want CarPlay, I just want Apple Music integrated. I own all the Apple ecosystem crap and have an iCloud account that gives me Apple TV and Apple Music, which is why I'd love It available in the car. HiFi music and no additional subscription. I'd cancel Spotify in a second if Apple Music were an option. Shoot, even with Tidal coming, I may make the change
I don't necessarily agree with your take on this however if you could show me the statistics your sighting that would be helpful. I own a Rivian and I have never owned anything apple I am against the proprietary nature of apple and apple products. But to each there own if you like apple you like apple it's not for me to tell you what you should like.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
I don't necessarily agree with your take on this however if you could show me the statistics your sighting that would be helpful. I own a Rivian and I have never owned anything apple I am against the proprietary nature of apple and apple products. But to each there own if you like apple you like apple it's not for me to tell you what you should like.
There've been quite a few studies/reports on this. Here's the first one I came across from googling it just now

https://ansonalex.com/infographics/android-users-vs-iphone-users-the-demographics/

a few excerpts:
  • Android users are 86% more likely to live in the country, iPhone users are 27% more likely to live in a city.
  • Android users are 20% more likely to be politically conservative, iPhone users are 17% more likely to be liberal.
  • Android users are more likely to be middle-class, iPhone users are more likely to be upper middle-class.
And while the NY Post is a laughable publication, here's more
https://nypost.com/2018/10/25/iphone-and-android-users-are-completely-different-people/

Key graphic (this one is a few years old, though):
Rivian R1T R1S SNOW MODE & other nice upgrades coming in Rivian Software Update 2022.47 ❄️ 1671203375119

jshaff

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cybersecurity
There've been quite a few studies/reports on this. Here's the first one I came across from googling it just now

https://ansonalex.com/infographics/android-users-vs-iphone-users-the-demographics/

a few excerpts:
  • Android users are 86% more likely to live in the country, iPhone users are 27% more likely to live in a city.
  • Android users are 20% more likely to be politically conservative, iPhone users are 17% more likely to be liberal.
  • Android users are more likely to be middle-class, iPhone users are more likely to be upper middle-class.
https://nypost.com/2018/10/25/iphone-and-android-users-are-completely-different-people/

1671203375119.png
You could probably argue this is skewed due to the availability of extremely cheap Android devices vs flagship. Pixel, Samsung Series etc....

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
You could probably argue this is skewed due to the availability of extremely cheap Android devices vs flagship. Pixel, Samsung Series etc....
Yeah, but that's exactly my point. If you're able to drop $75k+ on a vehicle, you probably aren't also aiming for the free whatever junk phone ATT is offering you with signing up.

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT

a few excerpts:

1671203375119.png

HAHA wow I can't believe someone put that together! the study is 12 years old but still Selfies per day.... does that imply iPhone users are more narcissistic?? lol and ideal pets so Android users are mostly cat ladies??

Thanks for the stats was a fun read not sure how much weight I will put on that study but you did provide the statistics...
Sponsored