First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 Blue R1T
Occupation
Merchant Seaman
What kind of loser approaches a total stranger just to crack that their vehicle is ugly?

He should work the Home Depot or Walmart parking lot on weekends, that will keep him in ugly indefinitely.
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

If Wawa served burgers, ice cream and shakes I would consider moving back, even if it meant talking to those cement heads again. I would live in @atebit ā€™s basement.

https://www.wawa.com/fresh-food/dinner/burgers
https://www.wawa.com/fresh-food/dinner/pizza

And you can even get beer to go at some of them now, at least in Pennsylvania. I never appreciated Wawa until I moved near a Sheetz. I guess I still don't appreciate Wawa, but its alot better than Sheetz.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
https://www.wawa.com/fresh-food/dinner/burgers
https://www.wawa.com/fresh-food/dinner/pizza

And you can even get beer to go at some of them now, at least in Pennsylvania. I never appreciated Wawa until I moved near a Sheetz. I guess I still don't appreciate Wawa, but its alot better than Sheetz.
Yeah, Sheetz was never as good as Wawa when I lived there. I would drive out of my way to hit a Wawa instead of stopping at any other place that was closer.

Here in CO we have nothing even close to that. Newer 7-11 stores are ok, but still nothing like a Wawa. They are building an enormous Buc-eeā€™s up the highway from me, but that is more of a truck stop.

OP
OP
AbjectFray

AbjectFray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, Sheetz was never as good as Wawa when I lived there. I would drive out of my way to hit a Wawa instead of stopping at any other place that was closer.

Here in CO we have nothing even close to that. Newer 7-11 stores are ok, but still nothing like a Wawa. They are building an enormous Buc-eeā€™s up the highway from me, but that is more of a truck stop.
Oh, it will be far from a truck stop. Just wait. Go when it opens.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Oh, it will be far from a truck stop. Just wait. Go when it opens.
I guess I drastically undersold it, didn't I? I saw a video when they announced the location here and it looked like a BBQ restaurant, mini mall, convenience store, etc., etc., all in one huge building. I definitely plan to check it out!

Sponsored

ElGuapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - April 2021 preorder
Wawa is most definitely better than Sheetz. But, Sheetz has so many Tesla SCs on East Coast and Sheetz has better frozen drinks that arenā€™t some unidentifiable frozen liquid (looking at you 7-11).

Someone did tell me the other day my R1S looks like a ā€œbox on wheelsā€. My response was ā€œthatā€™s how itā€™s supposed to look. Itā€™s awesome.ā€.

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

I grew up in Philly--great city! One time I got mugged at a bus stop near a Wawa and I used a Big Mac for self defense shortly before becoming a rope in a literal tug of war between strangers pulling me by the arms onto a Septa bus while the mayo-face and his bros were pulling me by the feet trying to get me out. Meanwhile one of the dudes kept putting his hand in my back pocket but instead of grabbing the wallet he kept groping my ass.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AbjectFray

AbjectFray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Retired
I guess I drastically undersold it, didn't I? I saw a video when they announced the location here and it looked like a BBQ restaurant, mini mall, convenience store, etc., etc., all in one huge building. I definitely plan to check it out!
That pretty much nails it. Hopefully your new one will also have the car wash. I used to live in Houston and they had a massive touchless car wash.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

If Wawa served burgers, ice cream and shakes I would consider moving back, even if it meant talking to those cement heads again. I would live in @atebit ā€™s basement.

Welcome back! I hope youā€™re comfortable sleeping across two file cabinets. You can park your R1 under the carport. Iā€™ll split the cost of getting an EVSE out there, was wanting to do that anyway.
Rivian R1T R1S Today at Wawa .... B099D81A-8F75-4AE5-8F18-1CF5825BF4A3

Rivian R1T R1S Today at Wawa .... 47E5E0CB-30C7-4042-AB9B-A15E573E83CE

Rivian R1T R1S Today at Wawa .... 303C2B40-789F-4F81-A5CF-4DD2BAFBBC11

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Welcome back! I hope youā€™re comfortable sleeping across two file cabinets. You can park your R1 under the carport. Iā€™ll split the cost of getting an EVSE out there, was wanting to do that anyway.
B099D81A-8F75-4AE5-8F18-1CF5825BF4A3.png

47E5E0CB-30C7-4042-AB9B-A15E573E83CE.png

303C2B40-789F-4F81-A5CF-4DD2BAFBBC11.png
Iā€™ve slept on worse!
A few questions:
1. What is the spider, snake situation in that basement?
2. Has Mrs atebit approved having a strange tattooed man sleeping on her filing cabinets, only emerging to make Wawa burger runs?
3. Is it ok if I use my camp speaker to play loud ska punk music until 2am?

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

1) Just the occasional daddy long legs. Not even a proper spider, really.
2) We have a walkout, we never even have to see you.
3)There is. no. love. in. this. world. anymore.
Sponsored