Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S, '16 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Regional Sales Manager
Hey Gang,

I might just be a terrible interwebs surfer, but I can’t find anyone talking about the amazing locking hole socket in the R1S cargo rail tie down clamp. I’m installing a camp kitchen and find it would be perfect to lock into. I find it is 13.97 mm diameter (just smaller than 9/16”).

anyone know of any accessories or parts/poles etc that can fit and lock into that hole?

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Tie Down Anchors - Locking holes IMG_5539
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 2022 Ford Lightning, Daiharsu Mira, Ranger
Clubs

I was wondering the same thing! Glad someone else noticed that too. Are you installing an off the shelf camp kitchen? Or building your own custom one?

OP
OP
OneTakeWyatt

OneTakeWyatt

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Regional Sales Manager
Bought one off Amazon. Haven’t taken it into the wild yet, but the unit assembled easy, seems solid, and they had great customer service. Highly recommend up to this point.
SHIWAGIN Overland Kitchen,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09XQ2MQGV?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Right now I’m turning down some 9/16” bolts and going to cut a notch in them, but “there’s gotta be an easier way!”

NightWalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Hey Gang,

I might just be a terrible interwebs surfer, but I can’t find anyone talking about the amazing locking hole socket in the R1S cargo rail tie down clamp. I’m installing a camp kitchen and find it would be perfect to lock into. I find it is 13.97 mm diameter (just smaller than 9/16”).

anyone know of any accessories or parts/poles etc that can fit and lock into that hole?

IMG_5539.jpeg
Recently ordered a couple extra tie downs which are in the Gear Shop now, and had this very same question about the locking holes.

Are these based on some kind of standard locking mechanism? Is there a name for the style of plug which would fit and lock into these holes? Anyone know?

OP
OP
OneTakeWyatt

OneTakeWyatt

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Regional Sales Manager
I was wondering the same thing! Glad someone else noticed that too. Are you installing an off the shelf camp kitchen? Or building your own custom one?
Was planning to build my own, but found a good quality low-price one on Amazon off the shelf.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09XQ2MQGV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Made split floor boards to use the trunk space under the kitchen too; plywood and a rattle can - turned out great!

We are 3D printing plugs that hold down the kitchen mounting bracket. Let me know if you're interested in buying some. they are customizable.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Tie Down Anchors - Locking holes Rivian Camp Kitchen 1

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Tie Down Anchors - Locking holes Rivian Camp Kitchen 2

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Tie Down Anchors - Locking holes Rivian Split Floor Boards

Sponsored

sac602

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Lexus NX Hybrid
Clubs

FYI--the yakima sks cores do not fit. you could put them in there for looks/deterrent, but they don't lock.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Tie Down Anchors - Locking holes 20231129_063741

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Tie Down Anchors - Locking holes 20231129_063736

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Tie Down Anchors - Locking holes 20231129_063731

kong

First Name
Rajiv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Sales
The Audi telescoping luggage bar ends (Audi 4M08603784PK) clip in perfectly into the holes and can be released with the spring mechanism on the luggage bar. However the fully extended Audi luggage bar is 1” too narrow to fit the R1S (43” vs 44”)

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Tie Down Anchors - Locking holes IMG_0132

I found other version of the telescoping luggage bar from Mercedes/Chrysler (Mopar 68218339AA) but I can’t find the extended length of this bar anywhere online.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Tie Down Anchors - Locking holes IMG_0131

If anyone has this luggage bar in their Jeep or Mercedes SUV, then can you please confirm the fully extended dimensions?

kong

First Name
Rajiv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Sales
For anyone interesting in using the holes in the R1S tie-down anchors for a telescoping luggage bar, the Mopar 68218339AA fits perfectly into the holes, and stops items shifting around in the cargo area.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Tie Down Anchors - Locking holes IMG_0191

OP
OP
OneTakeWyatt

OneTakeWyatt

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Regional Sales Manager
For anyone interesting in using the holes in the R1S tie-down anchors for a telescoping luggage bar, the Mopar 68218339AA fits perfectly into the holes, and stops items shifting around in the cargo area.

IMG_0191.jpeg
Love it!!!
Sponsored