First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
FCC approval should be a mere formality for the types of things they’ve filed so far. If that’s the delay, then they’ve managed their project timelines poorly.
Yeah. I was thinking the same. The timing is interesting though.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Starting to wonder if this week is a big info dump week. ?

And if they're waiting on the FCC and not DOT/EPA whoever does range approvals.

Im on High Alert.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Yeah. I was thinking the same. The timing is interesting though.
FWIW, it looks like the NFC door handle went through its RF Exposure testing in April 2021. The report was just issued by the lab on August 6 though. That kind of delay seems weird. I can’t imagine the lab had nearly 4 months of work after taking its measurements.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

FWIW, it looks like the NFC door handle went through its RF Exposure testing in April 2021. The report was just issued by the lab on August 6 though. That kind of delay seems weird. I can’t imagine the lab had nearly 4 months of work after taking its measurements.

Some of the reports actually have dates for when results are released vs filling for proprietary purposes. Images arent going to be released until Nov 2021 for some of those items at the earliest.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some of the reports actually have dates for when results are released vs filling for proprietary purposes. Images arent going to be released until Nov 2021 for some of those items at the earliest.
Yeah, a lot of it going to stay confidential long term as well. Here’s the report timeline from the lab that tested the NFC for the door handle. I’m sure they could have gotten the final report sooner if they needed it.

Rivian R1T R1S Telematics Control Module Stops by the FCC AE53CCD9-E94B-44C5-99A4-0F27EB10AD36

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Starting to wonder if this week is a big info dump week. ?

And if they're waiting on the FCC and not DOT/EPA whoever does range approvals.
Bump. ?

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well they were clearly waiting on the EPA approvals, so don’t hurt yourself patting too hard! :CWL: But yes, good info week! Next week maybe we’ll get crash test info? What else are we waiting on that relies on outside parties like .gov?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Well they were clearly waiting on the EPA approvals, so don’t hurt yourself patting too hard! :CWL: But yes, good info week! Next week maybe we’ll get crash test info? What else are we waiting on that relies on outside parties like .gov?
I know, just having some fun with it. ?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I’d like the user manual….. If we get that next week it will be the start of a great month….

edit: I reread that, did not sound right, meant to imply the continuation of a great month as we are starting to get all of the things we have been waiting for….

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
So it looks like we finally have evidence of a Chamberlain RF garage door transmitter.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

So it looks like we finally have evidence of a Chamberlain RF garage door transmitter.

Yeap they just have to hit the unlock switch.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Does this mean we can extinguish the argument that the R1 is outdated because it doesn't have a 1980's style garage door opener. Now we will be hearing from the camp that thinks it's outdated because it IS included.

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Does this mean we can extinguish the argument that the R1 is outdated because it doesn't have a 1980's style garage door opener. Now we will be hearing from the camp that thinks it's outdated because it IS included.
That and there will be more than a few cancellations due to the wrong size battery in the remote. All the mountain bikers, runners and triathletes will be absolutely furious that they can't use their existing stash of CR2032s. #dealkiller
Sponsored