First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manufacturing
I took delivery of my truck last Wednesday. That night, my cameras stopped working, displaying the attached message on center screen. A hard reset fixed it but the issue return. I have now done 4 hard resets only to have the issue return. The issue starts when I get in the truck and go to reverse.

Any suggestions? Super frustrating to have these issues right away. Makes me nervous to have moved away from Tesla

Rivian R1T R1S “Camera Not working, service vehicle” IMG_3955
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I took delivery of my truck last Wednesday. That night, my cameras stopped working, displaying the attached message on center screen. A hard reset fixed it but the issue return. I have now done 4 hard resets only to have the issue return. The issue starts when I get in the truck and go to reverse.

Any suggestions? Super frustrating to have these issues right away. Makes me nervous to have moved away from Tesla

IMG_3955.jpeg
Put in a ticket in the mobile app, or call service at (855)-RIVIAN5. I promise they will make it right, but you have to let them know something is wrong!

Commonguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired engineer

IMG_3955.jpeg
I had a similar problem, where the camera image froze until the infotainment was reset. Fixed quickly by Rivian service by replacing the camera. No problems since then.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Super frustrating to have these issues right away.
I have never understood comments like this, because "right away" is EXACTLY when you would expect to have an issue like this. (I do understand the "frustrating" part, however.)

If a component like the camera is defective, it will almost always fail very early on. If there was an assembly problem (camera cable wasn't snapped in all the way, for example), then again you would expect the problem to show up soon after you started using the vehicle.

As others have said, Rivian should be able to fix this quickly. Maybe even with Mobile Service (you should ask for that!).

OP
OP

CharlesG

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manufacturing
Yes, I’m concerned about the “quickly” part. They worked this morning. But high probability it fails when I leave work tonight. If it does, I’ll call.
Sponsored