Sponsored

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Guys thanks for all this. So I am taking away the grapplers are quieter and more efficient.

what is the set of information I need to type in for tire rack etc? 275/65/20 nitto recon grappler at
Sponsored

DIYrrr

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 20” Dark
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S 20" Nitto Recon Grappler AT tires 25% more efficient than Pirelli OEM AT! The holy grail! IMG_0494
What psi are y’all running? This is at 46 cold and the contact patch seems really big. Efficiency since I got these a week ago seems to be lower than the factory tires so far.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

Guys thanks for all this. So I am taking away the grapplers are quieter and more efficient.

what is the set of information I need to type in for tire rack etc? 275/65/20 nitto recon grappler at
You specifically want the 116 load, not the 120-something LT tire. They might slightly argue, but did install them for me after assuring them that I would not be going over 118 MPH or overload the truck. The OEM tires are speed rated to 145 I think.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/nitto-recon-grappler-a-t/p/108659#treadwell-data

There are some rebates going on and you can push Discount into some deals on expensive tires, usually.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

IMG_0494.jpeg
What psi are y’all running? This is at 46 cold and the contact patch seems really big. Efficiency since I got these a week ago seems to be lower than the factory tires so far.

I haven't done it yet, but the right way to set pressure is with a chalk test. I'm at 43-44 and the truck is bitching at me. I hope that 46 satisfies the TPMS and also chalk tests well.

https://www.intercotire.com/using_chalk_method_determining_psi

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
IMG_0494.jpeg
Your tire has a max of 44 psi.

Sponsored

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
You specifically want the 116 load, not the 120-something LT tire. They might slightly argue, but did install them for me after assuring them that I would not be going over 118 MPH or overload the truck. The OEM tires are speed rated to 145 I think.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/nitto-recon-grappler-a-t/p/108659#treadwell-data

There are some rebates going on and you can push Discount into some deals on expensive tires, usually.
Thank you! I think the r1 is speed limited to 112 mph

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

I drove a lot today. These tires are definitely more nervy efficient!

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

Miles per kWh?
I haven’t had time to try a scientific test and log exact number. I’ve been watching the energy graph on the drives near me that I go to often, before and after. The graph is consistently greener now.

RivForumWoke

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
95% hwy. I run the tires at 41psi and they warm up to about 44psi. I get no TPMs warnings at 41psi.

this was in conserve mode for about 90% of the trip on low ride height. Also on the way home it was raining the entire trip.

50 degree weather. Battery temp avg was 70degrees

55 to 70mph depending on speed limit

Rivian R1T R1S 20" Nitto Recon Grappler AT tires 25% more efficient than Pirelli OEM AT! The holy grail! IMG_1100

Sponsored

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

95% hwy. I run the tires at 41psi and they warm up to about 44psi. I get no TPMs warnings at 41psi.

this was in conserve mode for about 90% of the trip on low ride height. Also on the way home it was raining the entire trip.

50 degree weather. Battery temp avg was 70degrees

55 to 70mph depending on speed limit
Thanks for sharing this— this seems pretty good for a run in the rain, which can have a pretty significant hit to efficiency.

I’m really hoping that someone will do a ~100 mile loop in the scorpions, then get the nittos, then do the same loop again the next day with similar weather.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

I run the tires at 41psi and they warm up to about 44psi. I get no TPMs warnings at 41psi.
I'm at 44 cold and they are in alarm full time. I'm going to add air today, then go on a round trip of around 120 miles, mostly highway. I'd like to find the borderline for the pressure alarm. Also need to do a chalk test.

RivForumWoke

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'm at 44 cold and they are in alarm full time. I'm going to add air today, then go on a round trip of around 120 miles, mostly highway. I'd like to find the borderline for the pressure alarm. Also need to do a chalk test.
yeah that’s weird, I started at 45 psi cold and when warmed up it was getting to close to 50 for comfort.

now at 41psi cold the most I have seen is 46psi but that was in like 80 degree weather.

I myself have to do a chalk test too. At 41psi each tire can still hold over 2575 which is plenty for the R1T and they never felt warm to me after a long drive

ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Occupation
Fake Science Lead
Clubs

This is plain and simple:

OEM max tire pressure of 50 psi means it will be about 10% MORE efficient than the Recon.
Obviously, you can run above the 44 psi max and get some of that back, but not likely be able to match.

It should be very very close to OEM MPK.

Sounds like it’s a good tire if you are fine with ~2 MPK.

Psicobloc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
I'm torn between going with the SL 116T or the LT version. I like the idea of improved comfort, sound, and range, but I also tow a travel trailer and boat w/ family and gear. I'm typically ~15 - 20% under GVWR, but a little concerned about how the tire will handle @ 44-46 PSI.

Anyone towing w/ the SL tire that can report back on how it handles?

Anyone w/ the LT tire that can report back on comfort / sound / range? I guess less so on the range in this case - more so comfort & sound, considering it's a much more stiff tire. And what PSI are you running on these?
Sponsored