First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RIT Rivian Blue/Ocean Coast
Occupation
Special education teacher
Maybe a coincidence but my A/C performance after the update is noticeably poorer. Never had an issue before but now I’m really having crank the fan up/temp down to get some decent cool air. Anyone else notice this or am I crazy.
I noticed the same thing on my R1T
Sponsored

cevans

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Dual Max
Am I the only one disappointed in the blind spot camera? Now I understand why they said "Nah... Gen1 won't get it" off the bat.

1. It's very blurry
2. It's very misaligned
1000011446.png

1000011445.png
I’m not disappointed at all. I have this feature in a Kia and Tesla and neither are especially high resolution. They don’t need to be though. These are useful for “stupid check” of your blind spot just to make sure you didn’t miss something. They aren’t designed for high resolution inspection of what is next to you.

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

I’m not disappointed at all. I have this feature in a Kia and Tesla and neither are especially high resolution. They don’t need to be though. These are useful for “stupid check” of your blind spot just to make sure you didn’t miss something. They aren’t designed for high resolution inspection of what is next to you.
Yeah I’m using it as an additional safety tool not the primary recording device for my OnlyFans account

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Am I the only one disappointed in the blind spot camera? Now I understand why they said "Nah... Gen1 won't get it" off the bat.

1. It's very blurry
2. It's very misaligned
1000011446.png

1000011445.png
No, you are not.

I am not sure why they did not use the fender cams. I love the feature in the Y, big, bright picture of far more than the mirror can see.

The Rivian offering not-so-much.

Oh well, it is progress none-the-less.

Sponsored

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
It is not the resolution that is the problem, it is the field of view.

aznkukuboi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Is anyone getting the blind spot chime? After the update, I visually see the new blind spot on the UI, but if there's a vehicle in the spot, it doesn't chime like before. Wonder if I just need a soft reset or if anyone else is experiencing it and we should report the bug.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1T
Finally got the update last night. The suspension definitely seems smoother, the ride was a bit harsh and bouncy before, even in soft setting. I don't know how they could have missed that before but I'm really happy they got it right now.

misterturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
After 2 hours of driving:

Like:
  1. Turn signal cameras - great for the purpose in showing blind spot. They don't need to be crystal clear to be effective.
  2. Everything feels larger, and that is good.
  3. Yellow blind spot indicator in driver display is much more pronounced and observable in the peripheral.
  4. Low regen.
  5. Seat heat/cool controls.
  6. Cell shaded aesthetic.

Meh:
  1. Adventure font - The reason behind it was probably to avoid expensive licensing, but my opinion as a designer is a font like 'DIN' would have been more appropriate aesthetically. It looks good on the driver display, but in other places where they use less less font weight it looks cheap.

Do not like:
  1. New suspension tuning on SOFT. They've gone too far on the compression dampening. Feels closer to BMW suspension tuning now - I understand why they did it, and I think most will like it - but I don't prefer this on a truck.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PhiltheCasual

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

So far, I'm liking most of the changes. The HVAC page updates are definitely welcome.

The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the driver console now feels quite cluttered, it feels like the new google map theme presses right up against the road status screen, it's particularly close on highways. Combine that with the newer bubbly efficiency bar and it feels distracting

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
I guess I will start with the fact that the color yellow has a 100-year history representing " caution", you are approaching critical zones. Yellow on your temperature, yellow on your power output should caution you that you are approaching red; yellow not good, red bad.

What is the new color for when your motors or battery are approaching critical, chartreuse? I admit I am an old fart, but this complete disregard for standard is just jarring to me.
FWIW, I had the same reaction to the overuse of yellow in the instrument screen. This is literally a dashboard and yellow is reserved and understood as a caution color.

Blue was better. I would say “IMO”, but the use of yellow is not my opinion. It’s a universally understood UI concept.

I don’t care that my brakes are yellow. Would I get my blue back if I had the Ascent trim? Would my yellow be changed to silver if I had the Dual motors? Of course not!

Edit: maybe orange is the new yellow. Fine. But there’s a lot of yellow on that screen now.

Last edited:

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Do not like:
  1. New suspension tuning on SOFT. They've gone too far on the compression dampening. Feels closer to BMW suspension tuning now - I understand why they did it, and I think most will like it - but I don't prefer this on a truck.
That's interesting. Would like to hear more from you on this. I don't have the update yet and like the current soft setting. Lots of unfavourable comments on the "old" suspension setting that I couldn't understand. I'm a bit concerned that the new setting might make it too soft.

misterturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
That's interesting. Would like to hear more from you on this. I don't have the update yet and like the current soft setting. Lots of unfavourable comments on the "old" suspension setting that I couldn't understand. I'm a bit concerned that the new setting might make it too soft.
If you are worried about it being too soft, you are Ok. It's the opposite. Soft now feels like previous medium with an added sprinkle more of compression dampening. It's much more 'sporty' feeling, to the detriment of it being a truck IMHO.

If you've ever driven any BMW, you'll know the feeling. They always feel like you're hitting a progressive rate bump stop on big compression events.

I'd wager that they are doing this to reduce the time the suspension is in the extreme limits of travel. Thus reducing the 'crashing' feeling.

jlstan

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mustang GT
Yeah, so just got this, and it feels like they went back a couple updates on the suspension. I like it. The soft was a little too float-y after the last couple updates.
Sponsored