Sponsored

Ducksause

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Cherokee
IMG_3800.jpeg

R1T Quad: 95% All Purpose with auto suspension. Rotate tires every 5,000 miles. Just hit 25,000 miles at 17 months and all 4 tires (21”) are near/at the wear bars. Have 4 replacements being mounted tomorrow. Was hoping for other tire options by now, but these tires wore even and performed well to the end.
For your tire rotations, did you rotate front to back or did you do a cross pattern? Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
JohnnyRocker

JohnnyRocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Porsche 911 C4S, 2022 Rivian R1T
For your tire rotations, did you rotate front to back or did you do a cross pattern? Thanks!
I did a “Z” pattern and used the spare for a 5 tire rotation. Therefore, each tire spent 5,000 miles on each corner resulting in each tire getting 20,000 miles of usage over the vehicle 25,000 miles.

Last edited:

Tarkus

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
My 1st set of 21" Road Wheels lasted 19k. I could have gone another 1k, but I had just got my 1st "bolt" (not a nail) in the meat of the left rear 5/32 tire & did not want to be in the middle of nowhere again & get another "bolt" in my tire. I was able to drive 25 miles from "nowhere", as the pressure dropped from 49 to 38 as I pulled into the Dunn Tire store in Olean, NY. Now 19 days later, I have 2k already, but I'm "driving" a bit "nicer" most of the time now :cool:

R1 EVY

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

I just replaced my 20” rears at 18k miles with original equipment. Given my driving style (see avatar) that’s actually pretty good. On my coupe tires only last me 6k miles 😂
I wonder if 20/21 or R1S/T will make a difference? I'm a lead foot so I have to charge more frequently. But with ICE vehicles, tire wear has never been an issue with regular tire rotation 😁.

Sponsored

R1 EVY

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

My 1st set of 21" Road Wheels lasted 19k. I could have gone another 1k, but I had just got my 1st "bolt" (not a nail) in the meat of the left rear 5/32 tire & did not want to be in the middle of nowhere again & get another "bolt" in my tire. I was able to drive 25 miles from "nowhere", as the pressure dropped from 49 to 38 as I pulled into the Dunn Tire store in Olean, NY. Now 19 days later, I have 2k already, but I'm "driving" a bit "nicer" most of the time now :cool:
Your "" usage "means" we're "related". Sup fam? 😁

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Thanks for posting! I'm at 24k with the OEM tires on my 21" wheels. As I've posted before, I'm happy with the performance of these tires. They've given me good miles/kWh and I've put 100s of off-road miles on them --the old school 4x4 Jeep folks are always impressed what I can do with "road" tires.

Since I've made it through California's rainy season, I'm going to see if I can safely put another 5-10k on these tires.

Honestly, I have not seen (on this forum) meaningful data that any other "road" tire will last as long on a 835hp quad-motor vehicle. Therefore, I'm sticking with Rivian's OEM tire until I see the data from other tire options showing better performance and endurance (mic dropped );)

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
IMG_3800.jpeg

R1T Quad: 95% All Purpose with auto suspension. Rotate tires every 5,000 miles. Just hit 25,000 miles at 17 months and all 4 tires (21”) are near/at the wear bars. Have 4 replacements being mounted tomorrow. Was hoping for other tire options by now, but these tires wore even and performed well to the end.
2.3 miles/kWh is waaay better than I've gotten for even a single month of driving in my year in a half of ownership. But I'll also note that 25,000 miles and 10,0000 kWh is more like 2.5 miles/kWh. What's up with that math the display does?

Related: is your driving pretty subdued? I'm not an aggressive driver but extra tame driving might explain both tire life and efficiency.

OP
OP
JohnnyRocker

JohnnyRocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2.3 miles/kWh is waaay better than I've gotten for even a single month of driving in my year in a half of ownership. But I'll also note that 25,000 miles and 10,0000 kWh is more like 2.5 miles/kWh. What's up with that math the display does?

Related: is your driving pretty subdued? I'm not an aggressive driver but extra tame driving might explain both tire life and efficiency.
Great questions and I’m interested to know why the math for average kWh is off…..

As for driving…. I’m mostly mildly spirited. I like getting to the speed limit +10 before anyone else….. Otherwise I use driver+ and maintain. I also drive this truck 72mph most of my highway miles. I’ve only seen 90+on rare passing bursts. My second car is a 911 so I really don’t ever drive subdued whenever I’m behind the wheel, just not super fast in a truck.

I live in the Pittsburgh region. Hills and weather are also factors. Winter lowers my average and I just completed my second winter in the truck. Last fall I posted my data at my 1 year mark. My average was about 2.4KWH at that time. I feel by Nov 1 (2 year mark) this average will be also be higher because of the warmer summer months. I use “Recurrent” (there’s another post about that) and I’m averaging way more than the others but don’t know why?…….

Spork8

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Was hoping for other tire options by now, but these tires wore even and performed well to the end.
Not soon enough for you, but I reached out to Michelin about the Defender M/S2 in 275/55R21 and they replied that these should be released in June/July this year.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JohnnyRocker

JohnnyRocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not soon enough for you, but I reached out to Michelin about the Defender M/S2 in 275/55R21 and they replied that these should be released in June/July this year.
If that does happen then I should have plenty of data to decide what to go with next. Other than the milage (and price) the Pirelli tires perform great. But I'd love to see Michelin deliver a long-lasting less expensive great performance tire for the 21" R1T!.....

Spork8

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

If that does happen then I should have plenty of data to decide what to go with next. Other than the milage (and price) the Pirelli tires perform great. But I'd love to see Michelin deliver a long-lasting less expensive great performance tire for the 21" R1T!.....
The Pirellis have been great for me as well, even in heavy snow and rain. Ice, not so much but that's expected and mud isn't really an issue here so I have no data on that. I'm just over 20k miles, 2.35 mi/kWh average and I'm seeing wear bars but I have a set of 20" wheels that I'll be getting tires on soon. I'm just not a fan of the price.

strangelove

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black R1S, '23 Pacifica Hybrid, '17 Grand Sport CE
Occupation
Game Developer
Clubs

I'll let you guys know how long my Cup 2s last.

OP
OP
JohnnyRocker

JohnnyRocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 months, 33,343 miles, 3/32. 3/32, 4/32, 4/32. Had my new Pirelli 21's installed today.
That’s great mileage! Mine are being installed right now.
Sponsored