Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla 3, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I know y’all are talking 21’s but……….
I’ve got this on my original 20 ATs
Exactly 15 months of driving
All of it should standard height all purpose driving in northern AL and southern TN
I just had them rotated and the service tech told me it’s time for new ones

Rivian R1T R1S 25k miles, 17 months, 10K kwh on original factory 21" tires IMG_1675

Rivian R1T R1S 25k miles, 17 months, 10K kwh on original factory 21" tires IMG_1676
Sponsored

Jccoryell

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Train conductor
I'm at 11,000, did 2 rotations and they still look great. Just wondering where I change the tires. I don't have a discount tire by me. Costco and Mavis said they don't carry. My local tire guy said he won't accept tire rack deliveries and my HOA won't allow a mobile truck to do a tire change on the premises. What is my best option?

OP
OP
JohnnyRocker

JohnnyRocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Porsche 911 C4S, 2022 Rivian R1T
I'm at 11,000, did 2 rotations and they still look great. Just wondering where I change the tires. I don't have a discount tire by me. Costco and Mavis said they don't carry. My local tire guy said he won't accept tire rack deliveries and my HOA won't allow a mobile truck to do a tire change on the premises. What is my best option?
I usually order through tire rack but I got mine on sale at Amazon this time. I always get tires delivered to my house then find an installer. I used PepBoys because NTB won’t work on EVs!…..

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Great questions and I’m interested to know why the math for average kWh is off…..

As for driving…. I’m mostly mildly spirited. I like getting to the speed limit +10 before anyone else….. Otherwise I use driver+ and maintain. I also drive this truck 72mph most of my highway miles. I’ve only seen 90+on rare passing bursts. My second car is a 911 so I really don’t ever drive subdued whenever I’m behind the wheel, just not super fast in a truck.

I live in the Pittsburgh region. Hills and weather are also factors. Winter lowers my average and I just completed my second winter in the truck. Last fall I posted my data at my 1 year mark. My average was about 2.4KWH at that time. I feel by Nov 1 (2 year mark) this average will be also be higher because of the warmer summer months. I use “Recurrent” (there’s another post about that) and I’m averaging way more than the others but don’t know why?…….
What suspension settings and drive modes do you favor?

Sponsored

Herb

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, John Deere, 1T max DM Performance
IMG_3800.jpeg

R1T Quad: 95% All Purpose with auto suspension. Rotate tires every 5,000 miles. Just hit 25,000 miles at 17 months and all 4 tires (21”) are near/at the wear bars. Have 4 replacements being mounted tomorrow. Was hoping for other tire options by now, but these tires wore even and performed well to the end.
Can you guess how much of this highway/freeway?

Herb

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, John Deere, 1T max DM Performance
Off topic, but why doesn't 25km and 10MWh calculate to an efficiency of 2.5m/kWh? I have a similar discrepancy - is the rest attributable to phantom drain?

calamanderman

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Explorer Sport, Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Attorney
Im at 4/32 at 16,500. No spare to rotate in. Rotated twice at about 6k and 13k. Variety of conserve mode and AWD mode, with frequent trips to local (San Bernardino, CA) mountains. Not surprised but disappointed at the tread life. Really hoped for more and don't "get on it" that often (but sometimes ya just can't help wanna feel the speed!!)

winfield83

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T & '21 VW I.D.4
Occupation
Electrician
I know y’all are talking 21’s but……….
I’ve got this on my original 20 ATs
Exactly 15 months of driving
All of it should standard height all purpose driving in northern AL and southern TN
I just had them rotated and the service tech told me it’s time for new ones

IMG_1675.jpeg

IMG_1676.jpeg
I have 27K on my AT's and am expecting extremely similar results (2.17m/kwh average). I take mine in to be rotated on April 23rd and am hoping to make it to near 35K.
Sponsored