First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RT1 2023
Occupation
Whatever
Day 1 I loved my truck. 1st time in shop - no biggie - still loved my truck. But no loaners available. 2nd time - No loaner available - now 3rd time and it's been there 2 weeks and they are saying they need another week - no loaner available.

Folks - if I write a check for a $100,000 truck I expect better service than this CRAP !!!!!

1 More Time in the shop I will invoke the lemon law and hire an attorney ....

Now - I do not love my truck. Should have stuck with gasoline until someone came out with a better truck.
Sponsored

waveroamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 45e, Polestar 2, Mini Countryman
Clubs

Folks - if I write a check for a $100,000 truck I expect better service than this CRAP !!!!!
sorry to hear about your troubles. I think part of buying into a Rivian is dealing with growing pain of a startup, the opaque purchasing process, SC available, reliability, etc. It does sound like a mature manufacture is a better fit for you.

I am curiosity about your quote though, as you seem well versed in high value gasoline cars. Does Ford, Chevy, Dodge prioritize their service based on value of the vehicle? So F150 platinum maybe get better service than F150 pro given the 50k price differential?

Reactions: Rad
OP
OP
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RT1 2023
Occupation
Whatever
sorry to hear about your troubles. I think part of buying into a Rivian is dealing with growing pain of a startup, the opaque purchasing process, SC available, reliability, etc. It does sound like a mature manufacture is a better fit for you.

I am curiosity about your quote though, as you seem well versed in high value gasoline cars. Does Ford, Chevy, Dodge prioritize their service based on value of the vehicle? So F150 platinum maybe get better service than F150 pro given the 50k price differential?
- I drove an Audi A8 for years and yes that type of car provided the service at a level paid for - top - quality service.... As a business owner myself I never bought into the excuse of "Growing Pains". ----- that is BS - and they say it 10 years later.

Reactions: Rad

ukyank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting
I’m terms of getting a loaner, absolutely yes. In terms of service times, this is often at the mercy of parts, so a bit if a wash, but yes, often pricey vehicles get priority. Either way, gotta keep customers who will be spending on high value items happy if you want them coming back (which you certainly do want).

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

You guys that drink the Kool-Aid until you drown are hilarious !
lol.. not sure what you expected. You came here threatening to sue Rivian because they didn't give you a loaner. 🤷‍♂️

My recent service experiences have been excellent but YMMV.

OP
OP
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RT1 2023
Occupation
Whatever
I’m terms of getting a loaner, absolutely yes. In terms of service times, this is often at the mercy of parts, so a bit if a wash, but yes, often pricey vehicles get priority. Either way, gotta keep customers who will be spending on high value items happy if you want them coming back (which you certainly do want).
Agree - my post is mostly about NO LOANER - not that it keeps going to the shop - although that is getting old. Now they are replacing a wiring harness on order.

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T FG/FE 20" AT Dark
Guess it just depends on your local service center. No issues with mine. Always given me a vehicle to use. They even flatbed it 2.5 hours when I didn't really have time to drive it up there myself.

So basically its like every other car manufacturer and it really depends on your local service (or dealer in ICE case). Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
1 More Time in the shop I will invoke the lemon law and hire an attorney ....

Now - I do not love my truck. Should have stuck with gasoline until someone came out with a better truck.
Just remember, lemon laws have been around a lot longer than EVs. That should tell you something about your prospects of finding a "better truck".

Sponsored

Kidentist

First Name
Carlitos way
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7,A3, Cayenne E-Hybrid
Occupation
Mouth Janitor
Agree - my post is mostly about NO LOANER - not that it keeps going to the shop - although that is getting old. Now they are replacing a wiring harness on order.
I couldn't agree more. I also come from over 15 years of driving Audis and my experience overall has been top notch. We purchased our last 2 from the same dealer and they definitely take good care of us when we show up. I had complex mechanical issue with my Q7 shortly after warranty expired and guess what, they worked with AofA to make sure "I was covered" (and I was at 100%). Reading all of these posts really trouble me, but I do appreciate the insight from other owners. Needless to say loaners have never been an issue. Good luck to you.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

R1TCntrlMaIzzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Computer Sci Stuff
Yes, a loaner is my preferred option. But, the Chelsea team has always given me two other options, when a loaner is not available. A rental, covered by Riv, or Uber credits. Seems fair to me.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Don't think this is unique to EVs or trucks. Go to any other auto forum and there are complaints of people's transmissions dying after 100 miles. Cybertrucks have died an hour after delivery, F150 Lightnings have needed the entire battery pack replaced after 1000 miles, it happens.

Rivian's biggest issue is service centers being packed, and horrible communication. Chances are some of your issues could have been fixed in a day, but they are so backed up it takes days to get to it.

As for lemon law, it needs to be the same issue not fixed 3 times, or it has to be in the shop for 30 days. Its entirely possible given its been in there 2 weeks already, that it'll be another 2 weeks before its fixed. At that point, I'd probably invoke the lemon law if I were in your shoes.